Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Stratoliner Society {VINTAGE}

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
St.Ignatz said:
A late post but Mr. P that hat is jaw dropping!
My new Strat pin on an old Strat hat. See previous posts for availability with Zemke.
CIMG1419.jpg

Tom D.

This one is late too, but that hat and pin look sharp. I'm re-contacting Zemke today about getting one of his.

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
swaviator said:
Where can I find a Stratoliner? I've been watching ebay for a very long time and I yet have to seen one. Thanks,

Where you least expect it. I was driving back from Canada with Mrs. Natz when we stopped into this barn in central N.Y.converted into an antiques mall. They had nothing but a clerk said he had just done inventory at a shop in Ithaca and they had a couple hat's. I got my Strat and a couple others with boxes for a super price. Never pass a shop without a little look see.
Good Luck,
Tom D.

Samuel

Practically Family
I would like to join

Hi folks,
I finally got up the courage to attempt to join the Stratoliner Society. Seeing that I recently bought a vintage grey/blueish one. Its been my favorite lid, its so soft and light weight too boot. I don't know, its hard to describe the feeling when you slip it on, it just feels right. I'm new and I simply love the pictures on this thread.

I will be taking pictures soon, as I am still trying to figure this all out. I guess foto's have to be web hosted?

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Samuel said:
Hi folks,
I finally got up the courage to attempt to join the Stratoliner Society. Seeing that I recently bought a vintage grey/blueish one. Its been my favorite lid, its so soft and light weight too boot. I don't know, its hard to describe the feeling when you slip it on, it just feels right. I'm new and I simply love the pictures on this thread.

I will be taking pictures soon, as I am still trying to figure this all out.

Welcome to the FL. Any friend of the Strat is a friend of ours.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Samuel said:
I will be taking pictures soon, as I am still trying to figure this all out. I guess foto's have to be web hosted?

Yes, upload to photobucket or such. Then cut and paste the IMG code onto your Lounge post. Your photo will then show up for all to see. Welcome! ;)

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
Get a few more post in to get photo privileges and look at the FAQ's on the home page for help. I've found Photobucket to be the easiest and least intrusive. Any monkeys butt can do it. Heck I did.;)
Tom D.

Samuel

Practically Family
zetwal said:
Great! We do look forward to seeing your hat. ;)

I bashed my hat myself, I think the hat is flawless, but then I don't know how to judge properly. I can only say that the hat is vintage it had an old price tag that I lost:eusa_doh: but... Other than that, the felt surface has no discoloration and the felt is very supple. I steamed it over my tea kettle, praying that I would not ruin the hat. It worked so I have a bit more confidence about reshaping the creases to fit the look that I desired. Any suggestions about bashing let me know?

I get a lot of compliments when I wear the hat mostly from fellow hat wearers...My wife is still trying to understand the look!? I'm completely sold on the "look" and feel incomplete without a good lid. Like I said the hat feels smooth and light...

The pics are a bit washed out, I'll try to get some with natural lighting tomorrow.

Welcome Samuel.
VERY nice looking Stratoliner. Welcome to the Society. Look for tutorial thread on teardrop creasing/bashing by Jimmy the Lid.
Good luck on your future hat purchases & see the trip to Monteagle, TN in March in the Events folder.

Samuel

Practically Family
Samuel said:
I bashed my hat myself, I think the hat is flawless, but then I don't know how to judge properly. I can only say that the hat is vintage it had an old price tag that I lost:eusa_doh: but... Other than that, the felt surface has no discoloration and the felt is very supple. I steamed it over my tea kettle, praying that I would not ruin the hat. It worked so I have a bit more confidence about reshaping the creases to fit the look that I desired. Any suggestions about bashing let me know?

I get a lot of compliments when I wear the hat mostly from fellow hat wearers...My wife is still trying to understand the look!? I'm completely sold on the "look" and feel incomplete without a good lid. Like I said the hat feels smooth and light...

The pics are a bit washed out, I'll try to get some with natural lighting tomorrow.

Here's some light

colorme.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe