Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Single & Ridiculously Good-Lookin' Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

$ally

One Too Many
OK, I'm tired of reading things like, "I'm single and ridicules, but I don't know about the good-looking part", so I'm just going to break the mold and say
I'm DANG SEXY

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
$ally said:
OK, I'm tired of reading things like, "I'm single and ridicules, but I don't know about the good-looking part", so I'm just going to break the mold and say
I'm DANG SEXY

Nothin' more beautiful than a woman with confidence and attitude. :D

Richard

$ally

One Too Many
LocktownDog said:
Nothin' more beautiful than a woman with confidence and attitude.Richard
Gaige said:
I'll second that.
Ha, I never said I could back it up. I was always told "pretty is as pretty does", so by that standard, I'm a babe and a half.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Yeah!!!! Dolphin and Whale impersinations!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gaige said:
Diamondback, you just made me snort water from my nose due to laughing.

(for the record, I was drinking the water at the time; I don't randomly spout water from my nostrils)

Thanks. A lot. I mean it.

*mutters*

:)

Naama

Practically Family
Don't know, but people tell me that I have such a strong and self confident appearance and that I would look good, and that this is the reason WHY I'm singel...................??? [huh] Some friend also said that it's because my style is pretty "unique". I don't know... but I'm single now for too long :(

Naama

cgab1

One of the Regulars
Is that you in your avatar? Maybe you should post a picture.

Chuck

Naama said:
Don't know, but people tell me that I have such a strong and self confident appearance and that I would look good, and that this is the reason WHY I'm singel...................??? [huh] Some friend also said that it's because my style is pretty "unique". I don't know... but I'm single now for too long :(

Naama

PA Dancer

A-List Customer
LOL! I tried to read all 46 pages of this thread.

I am also single...have been for awhile mainly by choice.
And I am slightly ridiculous. (sorry couldn't help myself)

So why do you think we are all so single?
I have some theories...

Well with myself anyway and I think a lot of you too...
We are all a tad bit on the eccentric side.

I think most people in general have a hard time finding someone...but with us...to find that someone who can be just as (what's the word I want to use here) eccentric? as we are...I think that is where we maybe having the problem.

I want to find someone who knows how to dance or is at least willing to let me teach them. I would like someone who wants to get all dressed up and go out on the town with nothing to do and no where to go.

And I have got to admit...we DO have a lot of lookers in this forum.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
MMMMMMMMMMMMM candy bars......... geee...rub in the fact that I can't get any where at this particular moment in time. <stupid car, can I just drive it over a cliff? wait, where can I find a cliff?>

cgab1

One of the Regulars
I find that I just don't hit it off with with women they way I used to when I was younger. I think it's because I have become more cynical as I approach middle age. I used to love to take women to dinner and have wonderful conversations, now it just bores me. I'd rather stay home and read a good book or watch a classic film. I guess I just prefer being single. Good topic.

Chuck

PA Dancer said:
LOL! I tried to read all 46 pages of this thread.

I am also single...have been for awhile mainly by choice.
And I am slightly ridiculous. (sorry couldn't help myself)

So why do you think we are all so single?
I have some theories...

I think most people in general have a hard time finding someone...but with us...to find that someone who can be just as (what's the word I want to use here) eccentric? as we are...I think that is where we maybe having the problem.

I want to find someone who knows how to dance or is at least willing to let me teach them. I would like someone who wants to get all dressed up and go out on the town with nothing to do and no where to go.

And I have got to admit...we DO have a lot of lookers in this forum.

$ally said:
I'm DANG SEXY
Umm, if patterns of signature, handle-style and location are what I think they are, weren't you also DANG UNAVAILABLE?;) Just wanted to make sure you mingling with all of us single crazies wouldn't be a problem with somebody important...

PA Dancer said:
Some more than a tad, but you called it on this one!

Willing to learn on dance, but I hope WWII-style khaki dress uniform's within tolerances of "all dressed up"...;) (I don't wear ties, I had someone try to choke me with my own tie once and don't care to risk such manhandling again, except under one particular condition...)

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
I'm not so sure about 'Crackpot.' I'll stick with the wonderfully British term 'Barking.'

I don't exactly melt mirrors when I pass them and get away with being described as charming, charismatic and (this very weekend) "Insanely dashing" on a regular basis. But I think the barking-ness is a factor; after all, we've deliberately taken a step outside of the mainstream - either aesthetically, philosophically or both (and sometimes even professionally as well) - and that immediately limits our options when it comes to people we think of as potential partners and those who think of us in the same way.

But then, I'd sooner be with an individual than an identikit hipster. I'd sooner be alone than with someone who bored me or did not understand my interests. Compromise is for diplomats, and moderation for monks.

PA Dancer

A-List Customer
cgab1 said:
I find that I just don't hit it off with with women they way I used to when I was younger. I think it's because I have become more cynical as I approach middle age. I used to love to take women to dinner and have wonderful conversations, now it just bores me. I'd rather stay home and read a good book or watch a classic film. I guess I just prefer being single. Good topic.

Chuck

I think as we get older we just get a little more set in our ways.

I have been single for just over 7 years. It's by choice after a promise to myself that I would not "settle". A lot of men that I come in contact with are just interested in sex. When I do meet someone with potential...they always want to change me with....you should...why don't you do this...you should wear...
It's nuts!

So I made a simple check list for myself when meeting men. I tend to fall in love everyday..heehee...so if I stick to my list, I'll be all right.

My check list:
Must have job.
Must have car.
Must have a place to live that has a foundation.
Must have watched the muppet show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe