Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Prototype "MD1" - Matt Deckard Apparel Fedora!

Mario

I'll Lock Up
kabuto said:
Interesting that it's called "Deckard Headwear" instead of the more specific "Deckard Hats." It this a hint that in the future we may be treated to Deckard ball caps, Deckard Tam o'shanters, Deckard tiaras, Deckard sombreros, and Deckard gas masks?

Yes! I'd love to preorder a gas mask! In slate gray! :p

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
Duper said:
marvelgoose and Ordinary Guy, It looks like you have both made a fine selection. I like how we get to see the hat modelled in both casual and more formal attire. It must feel good to get in early on the "Original".

Question, did you both find the hat true to size?

I certainly did. It fit perfectly.......I can't find anything I would do to change this hat or make me like it any more.

I also like the fact that this hat seems to to go casual or even a step up...

Goes great with a black leather jacket or a sport coat IMHO....

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Ordinary Guy said:
Mine came in Saturday, Whoo Hoo......

The sun was just setting so please excuse some shadows as I wanted to get some quick pics before next week, which looks cloudy and blustery....

So these aren't the best pics but here they are...

The hat is great, soft felt, holds a bash great, and looks great also IMHO.....

If there are going to more models and colors, I don't know if my wallet could stand it.... I might even have to build another closet if they are as good as this hat......

sdhcsn.jpg

2n1hso5.jpg

6sdjb7.jpg

mjxc5.jpg

33mms0h.jpg

i4ojlt.jpg

15f5ddt.jpg

21e69u8.jpg

Wow, that's a gorgeous hat! I want one!

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Ordinary Guy said:
I certainly did. It fit perfectly.......I can't find anything I would do to change this hat or make me like it any more.

I also like the fact that this hat seems to to go casual or even a step up...

Goes great with a black leather jacket or a sport coat IMHO....

It certainly seems to go well with just a sweater!

I received my MD1, size 7 3/8 (59cm) today. Great hat! :eusa_clap Very impressive! :eusa_clap

After some light steam I went with a center crease and ~ inch and half pinch.

4203449237_58d0c87bc3_b.jpg

4204207348_3103d54d11_b.jpg

cybergentleman

A-List Customer
interesting

MODERN STETSON WHIPPET:

boushi_mania said:
From the side:
IMG_3125.jpg

From the front:
IMG_3126.jpg

On my head:
IMG_3130.jpg

IMG_3144.jpg

----

MD1:

mayserwegener said:
I received my MD1, size 7 3/8 (59cm) today. Great hat! :eusa_clap Very impressive! :eusa_clap

After some light steam I went with a center crease and ~ inch and half pinch.

4203449237_58d0c87bc3_b.jpg

4204207348_3103d54d11_b.jpg

-----

Yes, both are Whippet repros, but even so, look how similar these are. the brim binding, the stitching to hold it. the ribbon even has stitches in the same place and style, the bow looks like it is tied a tad different and the crown slightly straighter in the MD1. yet the materials and design and fabrication look almost identical. felt color is very similar. So, can someone answer who actually produces the MD1 hats? At roughly the same cost as the stetson whippet anyone able to list some pros and cons between them?

Musashi

One of the Regulars
Wow, I just ordered a Modern whippet, but I may have to look into the Deckard MD-1 for my next purchase. it's quite nice from the pix i have seen.

And after looking around a bit more I hope the MD-1 comes in some additional color selection(s) in the near future. I think i like the MD-1's straighter crown better.

Musashi said:
Wow, I just ordered a Modern whippet, but I may have to look into the Deckard MD-1 for my next purchase. it's quite nice from the pix i have seen.

And after looking around a bit more I hope the MD-1 comes in some additional color selection(s) in the near future. I think i like the MD-1's straighter crown better.

The crown is also taller than the modern Stetson Wippet. Of the current Stetsons the blocking would most resemble the open crown Nostalgia.

Musashi

One of the Regulars
Mayserwegener: Notice your avatar says 'Maryland'... You would not happen to know of any hat shops in the Northern VA/Maryland area would you?

As for the MD-1 I considered switching my order for a Whippet in grey to Black (has not shipped yet due to these holidays) , and then ordering an MD-1 grey, but the MD-1 is sold out in 7 1/4. Ahh well. later. :) Gorgeous hat though.

As I recall, if you can look at the open crown MD-1, the crown is higher than modern day Stetson fedoras and it is really straight up and down on the sides. Stetson fedoras today are lower crowned and have more taper.

The MD1 was designed to have the shape more along the 30's fedora.

John in Covina said:
As I recall, if you can look at the open crown MD-1, the crown is higher than modern day Stetson fedoras and it is really straight up and down on the sides. Stetson fedoras today are lower crowned and have more taper.

The Stetson Nostalgia has a higher crown and less taper than other modern Stetsons. It also comes open crown. I will have to compare it to the MD-1.

mike

Call Me a Cab
John in Covina said:

Did you received yours? Love to see some shots and an in depth review! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe