Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Pinup Thread

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
RED HOT!:whistling
festivalcarshow200911.jpg

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
retrogirl1941 said:
Last saturday I got to be a model at local car show. Here is the only shot I have right now.

scan0001.jpg

After working at the car show, I have decided I am going to pursue modeling on the side. Its so much fun!

Samantha

So pretty! and I love your swimwear.

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Brooksie said:
Good! I am glad you will be modeling for a while longer, you are so Pretty, I love to see your pics... (the clothes, the poses! etc...)

Thank you,you are so sweet.

Fleur- that seems so logical, I don't know how I missed it.

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Disclaimer:So not vintage or authentic

I have always wanted to try to re-create this Elvgren as it appeals to my crazy hairdresser self that can't ever seem to grow her own hair long. (though I try every year)However,I didn't feel that I could hold a candle to the original in a true reproduction.
l_edad3fa05ef848269fadcd22abb17a1c.jpg

So,here is my kooky modernized version and complete acceptance that I'll just have to learn to "own" my short hair. This feels like the pin up version of myself,instead of me playing the part of a pin up. I love it! Hope you all enjoy,even though it's not authentic.

Test: Can anyone tell who my fashion influence was for this one?
l_27ffac062f104cd5afd8e961bd6029e2.jpg

l_e1dd435486a24767b6c343228a284b57.jpg

P.S. Thought I should mention that the hair is purposely styled to look frantic,not an indication of my daily look. Even when I am feeling frazzled!

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
I did these last year, but I am/was far from satisfied with them, the homemade ones I took earlier was MUCH better. Oh well, next time I know to properly educate the photographer in pin-up pics. She was stuck in the 80s I think!

These are the 'best' of the worst.

_S8K1550.jpg

_S8K1548.jpg

_S8K1624-1.jpg

_S8K1667-1.jpg

Gigi

New in Town
Darhling, those pics are lovely. You look wonderful, but I can see what you mean about the photographer needing a bit of education in pin-up photography.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Thanks girls - it was fun to try out a real photographer, although she was instructing me in these moody, too sultry, 80s type pictures. Next time I know to prepare better!

Grant Fan

Practically Family
ok so here are some old ones well like 2 years old here they are
9.jpg

And this one is a recreation of a Rita Hayworth photo( she is my idol)
here I am
15.jpg

the original Rita photo
backlaughing-1.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Was reading through this thread and saw this post from my dear deco friend Miss1929. I thought that even though its not pinup I'd share this pose I did at the Art Deco Ball at the Paramount Theater last Saturday evening 5/16/2009. My hubby took the picture. I really like how this came out, the entire place is one big photo op! I'm actually standing on a little platform off the floor and the angled mirrors and the platform are set back into the wall- very cool...
364624027.jpg

Miss 1929 said:
in the bubble bath...

Putting on stockings...

Cooking! in a vintage kitchen...

Front and back view at the same time with a mirror (or side and back)...

And don't forget to think sexy thoughts, it shows...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe