Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Non Shorpy Web All Stars.

buler

I'll Lock Up
1940's; with Grace Kelly lookalike

attachment.php

Attachments

• grace.jpg
    grace.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 490
Thanks for the link, Mr. Hayden... GREAT fun!!

Now that's a straight eight, if ever I saw one, Buler. Not Ralph Nader approved, though. Not even a seat belor

I thought so too, Mystic, but that looks to be a more rurally set stadium, judging by the treeline in the back. Wonder if the locality, or it being less of a "big time," urban stadium was a factor? There is only one tie-wearer I can see, too, so maybe it was a casual Friday game?

One of my favorite threads... :eusa_clap

Here is one that came from my recent visit to Tucson. I gave a talk where I asked a lot of questions. I was wearing a Stratoliner so threw in one about the Stetson Stratoliner and the DC3 pin. I had one person in mind and he came up to me later on - he had no idea why they mismatched airplanes. But he did have this interesting picture on his phone. Bob is in the box. His mom would close the top and he would ride in it this way in the family DC3. Bob became a pilot. He had never noticed the hat in the photo - most likely his dad's who was in the plane getting it ready for flight.

bobdenny.jpg

buler

I'll Lock Up
C.N. Smith City Hat Store, Anderson Indiana, no date (courtesy of NCR Archive at Dayton History)

attachment.php

Attachments

• cn_smith_city_hat_store_anderson_ind.JPG
    cn_smith_city_hat_store_anderson_ind.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 458

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
tumblr_nepakiuqWE1tns447o1_1280.png

November 1, 1933

H. R. Johnston, Assistant Engineer, and B. T. Clark at Norris Dam site

Lewis Hine/Tennessee Valley Authority

tumblr_nepag8OlqK1tns447o1_1280.png

November 3, 1933

Informal group of Assistant Superintendents and Formen at the Norris Dam site.

Lewis Hine/Tennessee Valley Authority

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld