Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Non Shorpy Web All Stars.

Mexico circa 1887

Cowboy.1887.ws.jpg

frussell

One Too Many
Jerry Jeff is the man. Can't count the number of times I saw him play when I went to college in Austin. "Viva Terlingua" and "Ridin' High" are two of my favorite country albums of all time. He was a kick to see live back then, in his pre-clean and sober days, even when he'd forget half the lyrics, he and his band put on such a fun show nobody even cared. Frank

Thanks. They owned a rolling mill not far from my house, which has had quite a few names since. The Finnish ones are hard to pronounce. Still running today.

Jerry Jeff is the man. Can't count the number of times I saw him play when I went to college in Austin. "Viva Terlingua" and "Ridin' High" are two of my favorite country albums of all time. He was a kick to see live back then, in his pre-clean and sober days, even when he'd forget half the lyrics, he and his band put on such a fun show nobody even cared. Frank

I never had the pleasure of seeing him live, but I love his lyrics. A few years ago he did an album on Belize, kind of a tropical country thing which was pretty good. My all time fave is Mr Bogangles of course.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jrichards1007