Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The man in www.mens-hats.com article - is he a member here?

Yohanes

One of the Regulars
If you visit www.mens-hats.com, there a section "How to choose a hat" or something, which actually containing an article about a newbie in hat who's looking for his first fedora, and then guided by the shop owner himself, Sonny Legum to choose the hat. Interesting article, and I wish I could have that experience, since I'm not in US.

I wonder, is that man a member in FL? If yes, could you please share your experience that day, how you feel, and... what did you buy exactly that time? Surely want to hear the excitement in getting a new hat from the "victim" himself... :D :D

Barry

Practically Family
Yohanes said:
If you visit www.mens-hats.com, there a section "How to choose a hat" or something, which actually containing an article about a newbie in hat who's looking for his first fedora, and then guided by the shop owner himself, Sonny Legum to choose the hat. Interesting article, and I wish I could have that experience, since I'm not in US.

My grandmother sent me the original article. I might have it around here somewhere. They had about 10 pictures of the fellow in the article posing wearing various hats. Stark and Legum is in Norfolk. They sell clothing, hats, caps, accessories, etc. If I recall correctly, they've got big selection of Stacy Adams items. I posted a message some time ago about being sent upstairs there for some felt stiffner. I wound up getting a tour of their former hatter's workshop.

Barry

Yohanes

One of the Regulars
Hmmm... would be interested to see those pictures, I think it may help to give a bit description what kind of hat match with certain type of face and head....with real model, not just sketch...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conley