Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The general decline in standards today

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Sorry.... I couldn't resist:

demotivational-posters-childhood-trauma.jpg

Bingo!

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Saw this article on CNN. I don't usually read these kinds of articles because they prove to be boring, shallow and depressing. Well...I wasn't too far off the mark. The author isn't defending the actions of the women listed in the article, but it's depressing nonetheless. Makes you wonder why anyone bothers to get married at all. One more reason this generation is a mess...

Mom's Go Wild: 'The 40 Year Reversion'

And we all thought that the Mid-Life Crisis was mainly a male thing. And to use the more polite version these women sound like wannabe MILKs (Mother I'd Like to... Know)*

*well not me personally but you get the idea.

Last edited:

Feraud

Bartender
Saw this article on CNN. I don't usually read these kinds of articles because they prove to be boring, shallow and depressing. Well...I wasn't too far off the mark. The author isn't defending the actions of the women listed in the article, but it's depressing nonetheless. Makes you wonder why anyone bothers to get married at all. One more reason this generation is a mess...

Just more silly glorifying of stupidity. Talk about a decline in standards.

People like this is what they invented Norplant for.:rolleyes: Some people just shouldn't have children---especially if they are going to act like idiots around them and be an extremely poor role model.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Though I am only a few years away from 40, going out and partying it up is the very LAST thing on my mind. Sheesh. I'd much rather spend a Friday night at home with my husband and daughter instead of nursing a killer hangover in the morning (I did enough of that in my early 20's, thank you very much, and actually learned my lesson!).

Though I am only a few years away from 40, going out and partying it up is the very LAST thing on my mind. Sheesh. I'd much rather spend a Friday night at home with my husband and daughter instead of nursing a killer hangover in the morning (I did enough of that in my early 20's, thank you very much, and actually learned my lesson!).

You sort of hit on what kind of evening I like. I actually like being around my sons and spending time with them. If I go some place, I usually take one or both of them with me(within age appropriate guidelines of course).
I can have a cigar at home with a wee dram of scotch while reading some Cicero and call that a night. My son usually makes me read whatever book I am reading to him. Cicero is a bit of a stretch but he certainly has his witty parts that will make even a 6 year old laugh. :p

Wait 'til you hit 50, you have physical and mental breakdowns! It's awesome.

When I was 15, I was being a wise@$$ and asked a scout leader of my troop how it was to be old(he was 35 at the time). His answer has stayed with me until today.
"You know those aches and pains you attribute to growing pains?"
Yes.
"Well, they get worse."

A very true statement now that I am there.:rolleyes::eusa_doh:

When I was 15, I was being a wise@$$ and asked a scout leader of my troop how it was to be old(he was 35 at the time). His answer has stayed with me until today. "You know those aches and pains you attribute to growing pains?"Yes."Well, they get worse."A very true statement now that I am there.:rolleyes::eusa_doh:
Yeah, gettin' older ain't exactly all fun and games, is it? It's mostly good, but it's hard to sync the brain - which thinks it's 25 - with the body, that's not.

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up

When I read that article, my thinking was more along the lines of the decline in standards of mainstream media using sexually explicit terminology, as well as making it seem commonplace. All it is is one Brooklyn neighborhood. Sensationalism.

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Wait 'til you hit 50, you have physical and mental breakdowns! It's awesome.

Who has time for that?

I have two beloved 88 year-old parents to care for. Just now we are fighting the battle of the drivers licenses with my mother, who cannot walk and has no memory and my father, who is legally blind and whose neuropathy prevents him from finding the brake pedal. Both are due for renewel in August, and both are quite intent on driving again.

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Who has time for that?

I have two beloved 88 year-old parents to care for. Just now we are fighting the battle of the drivers licenses with my mother, who cannot walk and has no memory and my father, who is legally blind and whose neuropathy prevents him from finding the brake pedal. Both are due for renewel in August, and both are quite intent on driving again.

Oh please keep them off of the road. I know how hard it is. I have gone through it with my grandparents in the past. Wishing you the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe