Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

FlatcapM

New in Town
Hello,
Just joined this forum and thought I'd best say hello to you all.
Some interesting things on here.
Used to wear a flat cap as a child, then after a break I started wearing them again and bought one after the other and have worn a flat cap every day for around the last 10 years. Anything else you want to know, please ask.
Matt.

GregNYC

One Too Many
Wow, welcome, FlatcapM! I just started wearing flat caps and newsboys. How it started - I went to a film screening here in NYC, and one of my friends wore a flat cap. He looked cool and natural and effortless with it. He so totally owned the look that it made me start investigating caps (and I don't mean BB caps :) ). And I discovered it's a whole world out there!

GregNYC

One Too Many
Esteban, you're right!

19c7d1d1f010c8f1e2205f3607584d61.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Welcome indeed, Matt! As you can see from scrolling around here, there are lots of us that have been bitten by the bug. Be sure to post some pictures of you sporting your lids!

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
I just found a Donegal Tweed cap woven by J Dorrian at St. Vinnies just my size and looks like it was seldom worn. I don't ever wear this type of cap but I could tell it was a good quality cap so I picked it up. I might wear it with a tweed jacket I just got. Anyone know much about them, I am ignorant of such caps.

fedoralover

GregNYC

One Too Many
Donegal tweed is nice and soft and warm. I have several caps of this tweed made by Jonathan Richard. I tend to like British-made caps more. (Their famous tweed is Harris.). I find the British caps have a more prominent brim, and look less like a beret on the head.

These are Donegals.

d15ac9a8ef1ef4a4f16bd63115e5662b.jpg

8700dba18182998184bdb0f834c786d6.jpg

44574658ff29161c29d895db184bd3ff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FlatcapM

New in Town
Thanks for all your "welcomes". Yes I've found that buying one flat cap soon leads to another...then another and so on...
I'll sort through and see if I can find any decent photo's of me wearing them and post some.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld