Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

Adnamira

A-List Customer
Man, I seem to come out life sized when I post photos on here... and they are such dreadful photos.

Very soft wool Zasu cap. Have had this one for 6 months or so, but haven't worn it much due to the light colour. It'd be a good cap to wear to the races. I've worked out the way to wear these caps now - I grap the fabric either side of the snap and tug the crown right forward, and then I minch the brim and crown and tug it upwards - gives a very newsboy shape to the cap, I reckon.
552282_10150930266617957_1555351129_n.jpg

Equality 7-2521

One of the Regulars
I believe it's a burger with fried toast for buns, there's a specific name for this type of burger but I've been gone from california so long I don't recall it. I love the sign in the background, very nice photo.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Looks like you've got vegemite on your toast there, Che! Have you seen the new fabrics, Brigitte has added to her store - they look alright, abliet a lot more synthetic composition in some of them.
Adnamira
i had to look up vegemite http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegemite
cool ! No its just a fancy pants California type burger has Swiss Cheese & Avacado added.
Yes i have checked out the newer Retro-Sports & i have noticed there new Caps are blends + Poly !
I have sooo many caps now and 9 are retro-sport also that im waiting for somebody here to post up a new cap from them ...Looks like Mamie Blue did not add the Leather Sweats so thats probably why i backed off.. But the New Fabrics do have some great Patterns !
Hey i like your Zazu you just posted up I could wear that its a good #1 does the Dingle Berry move much ?

Last edited:

Adnamira

A-List Customer
That one looks pretty good. Do those have a snap on the brim?

Yeah, one snap on the brim. Interestingly, though the brims are bigger than anything else I've come across, they don't have a stiffener, but rather fabric filled like the hap caps. Even though they do have a snap, I find tugging the crown forward and up when I put it on, helps bring all that fabric into a better shape - they seem to improve the more you pull them around. Ralf doesn't worry about matching up lines like you and the City Sport mob do, and so I prefer to go for patterns or solid colours where you don't notice that.

Um, I haven't noticed it moving it around much, while I am wearing the cap, Che. The dingleberry is more dingley on the lighter fabric caps.

Last edited:

Adnamira

A-List Customer
I like that bookster, Razzman. I am starting to wonder if I will ever see this Lawrence and Foster bond cap I ordered. Looks like you can't rush these British tailors. Wouldn't mind so much if I was billed when the cap was sent, like hat people do. If the 45 days is up and I haven't seen or heard about the cap being sent, I am going to the resolution centre on Paypal.

Last edited:

Adnamira

A-List Customer
Very sporting cap Adnamira! Great looking cap to wear to a sporting event.
Thanks, I agree, it's kind of a sporty, nice sunny day outdoors occasion, style of cap this one. I think a lot of people here would find various faults with the zasu caps, so I don't really promote them as being for everyone, but I am realising that they work well for me. I went off them for a while in favour of City Sport and Wigens, but in the last week or so, I have figured out a way to wear these Zasu's that looks alright. They're an easy option, really - you can see the cap before you buy it, so you know what you are getting, and Ralf is lightning fast and very reasonable with the postage - the hickory stripe cap arrived in Oz from California in less than 10 days. That's great for the impatience and short attention span of our modern, instant gratification, fast download seeking brains ;)

Adnamira

A-List Customer
Adnamira, have you tried requesting updated via email? They will email to let you know the cap has shipped.

Good idea, Razzman. I will do that. I hate having to chase people up to give them my business though. I didn't print out the receipt from their site, because I am so used to having sellers email me, especially when paying via paypal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe