Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thank you, Art!

Aaron Hats

Vendor
Art, It's nice to see you finally took his advice and stood up to tell the truth. ;)

Besides, everybody knows nothing good (at least hat related) ever came out of Clintwood.

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
i've seen enough already....

Art,

thank you for posting and showing the hat in question. Are the edges nice and smooth, it is tough to tell by a photograph...

If i come to washington, this is the last thing i rreally want to see, there are so many other things to look at...

mark tssb

How do we judge?

In this world we can only judge people by their actions, what they do and if they stand by their word. Also, a great comment is made by what they do to make right when they have erred. By these things you will know what they value and what they don't.

Art, again thanks for your stepping in to make things right.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Art, I know it's not in your nature to make a post like that
and I'm sorry to see such a nice guy so antagonized.

It's hard for the untrained eye to make out mottling in a
small digital picture, but it sure is there. The stitching
behind the bow makes me wonder how well the sweat was
stitched in.

I'd also be curious to see what hats by that
hatter look like after a few years. I've seen a few pictures
on this forum and they tend to look sagged or stiff in the
wrong places. I'd also be curious to hear from happy customers,
since I understand there are some here.

To me the most disturbing bit is the claim of a "private felter".
That hatter must make a lot of hats to support his own felter.

Of course I always hope that some day hats will become, once
again, so competitive that there will no longer be a niche hat
market where people can make such claims or charge five figures
for a Panama hat just 'cause the public doesn't know better.

undertaker

Practically Family
Yes Sir, that is a great looking hat.

I too was almost caught in what could have been a simular situation. Then I began doing some research and have chosen to purchase my first custom hat from Art. I was shocked to find out that I could get a custom hat made as reasonably as Art makes them. I thought that I was going to have to pay in the $600.00 range as well. I am glad that I found the Fedora Lounge (and Art Fawcett) before I made this high $ purchase. The information here is so valuable. It is prceless to be able to learn from each others mistakes. I Did in fact plan to purchase a hat from this gentlemen after the first of the year. He did offer to break this up into payments so long as I had it paid before it shipped. I do not consider myself poor but I do try to spend my money as wisely as possible. My wife and children will be getting me the hat from Art for Christmas and they were also involved in my selection of hatter. I do humbly appolgize for any misunderstanding with the afore mentioned hatter. but for my family and I, Art is our choice. I would tell you to do the research as well then make up your own mind.

Regards,
J.S.

Fedora

Vendor
550 dollars for that hat? Art, yours LOOKS like it is worth 550 bucks to me. What a great hat you made in replacement! Doesn't even look like the same felt! :eusa_clap

The moral of the story is shop around before you commit to any hatter. It will save you lots of money, and you may end up with a better looking hat in the process. It happened here. Put them side by side and ask the question. Which one would you pay 550 bucks for? A no brainer of course. And then understand you could have this hat for much, much less. I think someone needs to come and visit you and learn the craft, that is, if you would have him. ;) Great hat you made Art. Fedora

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Gentlemen, making a post like I have completely goes against my nature and Feltfan, I know you recognize that, Thank you.
Mark, there are other flaws in the hat that I did not mention and don't intend to. I live in a glass house and therefore don't throw many stones. I would love to think that everything I send out is perfect but I know that it isn't. Hopefully the mistakes are very minor ( OH damn, I forgot the windcord), but never overlook something as striking as this.

Please gentlemen, I did not post this to become a "bash the hatter" thread and anyone can have a bad day, we are all human. That was not my intention. It WAS and IS my intent to show "the truth" as requested on another forum and let the pictures speak for themselves.

Fedora

Vendor
Gentlemen, making a post like I have completely goes against my nature and Feltfan, I know you recognize that, Thank you.

Art, everyone who is familiar with you was well aware of this. Afterall, you have basically endured the attacks for a couple of years, if not more. Even a gentleman has his limits. If pictures are worth a thousand words, nothing more needs to be said about your expertise in creating beautiful hats with great attention to detail. But, your customers knew that already!! Now everyone else knows it as well. The proof is always in the pudding, and you served up some mighty convincing pudding here. :eusa_clap Fedora

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conley