Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Temporary leather paint?

Solstice 62

New in Town
Right, it’s a mates 60th in a couple of weeks, he’s having a themed 80s bash, now I know it’s pushing the timeline a bit, but I’m going in punk regalia, and would like to add some motifs To an old biker jacket, but would prefer it not to be permanent as my punk days are well behind me, is there a paint that I could use that would wash off.

Edward

Bartender
Nothing I know of. that I could guarantee... maybe paint it on some bit of fabric shaped like old punk patches, then attached them temporarily with some light-duty double-sided tape?

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
This? I would test it on an inside surface first.
Crayola Washable Paint (1 Gallon), White Paint, Bulk Classroom Supplies for Teachers, Washable Paint for Kids, Nontoxic, 3+

Link does not work but you can find it on Amazon.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
If you have enough time, you could also hit up a cheap mall jacket via ebay or a local thrift show too, where the paint would not matter so much since you are not as attached to it.

Sounds like a fun idea, I was in High-school in the late '80's so I know that time frame pretty well.

Some good '80's jackets and guitars in this video...

Last edited:
Do this in White Out!
IMG_8943.jpeg
IMG_8942.jpeg

BloodEagle

A-List Customer
Perhaps do some band logos like the jacket above etc in chalk - would probably last a night, then you could just brush it off without any permanent damage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gareth