Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tax refund, what jacket to get?

nick123

I'll Lock Up
So long story short this is the first time in my adult life I don't owe taxes. I'm just as surprised as I am. Now, the immediate question is: what jacket to buy? :eek: What is everyone currently drooling on?

I know the answer is, "do what your heart fancies Nick", but I have no heart, and I like just about everything, so I ask the fine people on this forum.

Fire away!

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Contenders:

Aero Highwayman attempt two

ELC A-1 (not the .50 cal version)

A Buzz or RMC MA-1

Bootlegger
30s half belt

Diamond Buco J-100 or A-2

Lewis Universal Racer Mk 11 or Dominator, possibly in Navy (or hang around for the blue Vicenza)

Vanson America jacket (probably not, but I periodically lust after one of those)

Any A-2

Any G-1 or 22a (I'm thinking Eastman here. BK also makes a nice 22a. As does Steve).

Norshor (minus the d-pocket)

Somehow find a used GW in a long size

See, the problem is I love them all. Who am I forgetting?

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Easy one for me; a car coat: eg Himel Canuck, Freewheelers Brakeman, Aero Premier Car Coat, or Whitefeather 30s Car Coat.

One is destined to be mine, and hoping to hear back from Fardin soon on a WF :)

Enjoy planning, Nick. That's like 85% of the fun for me

adiadi

Familiar Face
If I had spare cash I'd go for the Buco Rider by Lost Worlds or MTC-12793 Reddish Brown Cowhide by Thedi Leather

nick123

I'll Lock Up
If I had spare cash I'd go for the Buco Rider by Lost Worlds or MTC-12793 Reddish Brown Cowhide by Thedi Leather

This one? Oh man oh man!
image.jpeg

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Easy one for me; a car coat: eg Himel Canuck, Freewheelers Brakeman, Aero Premier Car Coat, or Whitefeather 30s Car Coat.

One is destined to be mine, and hoping to hear back from Fardin soon on a WF :)

Enjoy planning, Nick. That's like 85% of the fun for me

I think that Aero Premier car coat is tops. I'm just concerned about the shoulder width on those.

technovox

One Too Many
Contenders:

Aero Highwayman attempt two

ELC A-1 (not the .50 cal version)

A Buzz or RMC MA-1

Bootlegger
30s half belt

Diamond Buco J-100 or A-2

Lewis Universal Racer Mk 11 or Dominator, possibly in Navy (or hang around for the blue Vicenza)

Vanson America jacket (probably not, but I periodically lust after one of those)

Any A-2

Any G-1 or 22a (I'm thinking Eastman here. BK also makes a nice 22a. As does Steve).

Norshor (minus the d-pocket)

Somehow find a used GW in a long size

See, the problem is I love them all. Who am I forgetting?

Some tough decisions there...but personally, since I already have a Diamond Buco J-100, I'd fill that blank spot in my closet with the Aero Highwayman. I noticed that the Highwayman is at the top of your list. I'd choose a black Vicenza horsehide- with zippered sleeves and two zippered chest pockets...in a nod to the Lewis Dominator.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
I am currently deciding between a Aero Veste De Rallye in 4 oz Cordovan Steer Hide or a custom Langlitz Timberline with front Zipper (like this: https://www.facebook.com/LanglitzLe...339776955183/1019847178037768/?type=3&theater) in their heaviest cowhide.

What stops me from the Aero is the alpaca lining and the unfortunate outcome of my last order which I am afraid got me in their not so good books, while on the other hand, the Langlitz would be the most expensive jacket I have ever bought and I'm still trying to convince myself to cross that line.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I just wrote a check for 9 Himels to the feds and 2 Himels to my local county/school board so the only jacket I will be buying looks like this:

View attachment 48585
If you do a Highwayman Nick, look at the Premier Fit HWM, I think it suits your build much better.

I think you're right with the premier HWM fit-wise.

Now that jacket, man that's a beat.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Nick, my personal thought is buy yourself a plane ticket up to Seattle over a weekend, and go visit Carrie at Insurrection when their store opens back up. I've now been there 3 times and it's an over-whelming experience each time. Just being able to try on so many different types of high-quality new & vintage jackets is amazing. Plus you get the quick dose of heavy leather smell as soon as you walk in the door. Just have to plan around Saturday afternoons for being there in person. Good luck deciding! :)

BobJ

Practically Family
Get the Lewis Leathers Universal Racer Mk 2 - I've been yearning for one a long time myself. It's got that cool vintage vibe, and it's different, so you'll never see another one. You can get them in all different colors of horse, cow, and sheep. I intend to ask them if they would line the collar with leather instead of fabric since my rough whiskery neck is like sandpaper. But mainly, I want you to get one first, so I can see your fit pics and hear your impressions - before I pull the trigger! :rolleyes:

Nick, you've got great jackets at the moment.
Take your cash to Brian and get yourself a pair of Role Club boots!
The only ones you'll ever want. :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld