Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Taubers of California

Mr.Sterling

New in Town
It was on Etsy. It sold. Then, it was returned. It was on for awhile again after that. I finally bought it, but then nothing happened. It never shipped. I couldn’t get ahold of the woman who was selling it. So I did some digging. This is how I came across the fact that it had been sold before. So, I thought that I had been scammed. I wrote several messages, but still couldn’t get the seller to communicate with me. I had to open a case against her. It was a long process. They side with the seller very strongly on Etsy. Finally she got back to me and explained she had been in the hospital. She told me the story of it being bought and retuned. She sent me the jacket. All in all it took about a month. Haha. So, I worked for this jacket. It’s really nice though.

Destruct

Familiar Face
Early 50’s (I think) Taubers. No hide distinction. Horse seems likely, right? Pretty much new. I wouldn’t even say this is broken in really. Strange though bc the zipper appears to be not original, although I think Taubers did use C&C (crown zips) so perhaps they did the repair job themselves. It’s a very clean job and an old Talon zipper pull was in the pocket. Doesn’t seem a zipper would fail on a jacket that hasn’t been worn much…
Wow, stellar jacket! Shoot me a message if you ever decide to move it on!

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Early 50’s (I think) Taubers. No hide distinction. Horse seems likely, right? Pretty much new. I wouldn’t even say this is broken in really. Strange though bc the zipper appears to be not original, although I think Taubers did use C&C (crown zips) so perhaps they did the repair job themselves. It’s a very clean job and an old Talon zipper pull was in the pocket. Doesn’t seem a zipper would fail on a jacket that hasn’t been worn much…

I do have some Taubers. Some came in the crown type and other with Talon. Even the big #10 zips fail often. However, the zip looks original to the jacket. If you would like a closer opinion about the zipper, post several close-ups of the zipper pull and slider, as well as the sewing job on the zip. There is a wealth of information from members here that can stop an original zipper job.

Mr.Sterling

New in Town
Hopefully these help. Let me know if you need something else. The last pic shows the zipper pull I found in the pocket.

Attachments

• IMG_7396.jpeg
    IMG_7396.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_7397.jpeg
    IMG_7397.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_7398.jpeg
    IMG_7398.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_7399.jpeg
    IMG_7399.jpeg