Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Summer Fashion

olive bleu

One Too Many
Smuterella said:
whats a teatimer?

Eureka!! I accidentally just stumbled across a picture of a "teatimer" while looking for something else..i will freely admit that i had no clue what is was either..:)

50steatimerpakeblouse0005.jpg

I havw worn these, just didn't know the term "teatimers"

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
alexandra said:
A few years ago I might have agreed with you, but I now wear these neat little breathable short things I found in the dollar store and cut shorter to prevent fatman rash. Attractive!

Monistat also makes an anti-chafing gel that dries to a nice cool powder finish, that I swear by. A little on the thighs and you don't have to worry about them chafing anymore.

bgltexas

New in Town
Culotte Slips

I sew my own culotte slips out of a nice slippery lingerie fabric. However, unlike the kind you can buy, I make them with seams on the outside of the thighs. I just taped the pattern pieces together so that there are no seams to chafe on the inside of the thighs. My aunt suggested I should market the idea. Here in Houston we're always hot, so I wear loose flowing dresses.

The Shirt

Practically Family
Culotte slips - that's brilliant. As for the monistat - the commercial always made me laugh. It shows the girl smoothing it on everywhere but the inner thigh. PLEASE! Just show the obvious and they would sell a whole lot more. I'm glad to hear that it works though...going to pick some up this week.

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
The Shirt said:
Culotte slips - that's brilliant. As for the monistat - the commercial always made me laugh. It shows the girl smoothing it on everywhere but the inner thigh. PLEASE! Just show the obvious and they would sell a whole lot more. I'm glad to hear that it works though...going to pick some up this week.

It works like a charm, but I would recommend slipping the tube into your purse if you're going to be in the sun for a whole day, etc. You may need to re-apply. I'd say one application lasted an entire 8-hr. work day (and I walk to a trolley stop and ride public un-airconditioned public transportation every day in the heat of summer) But when it's hot in the summer and I'd sweat, I have to re-apply once I got home if I continued to wear a dress or skirt. But, you use such a small amount of it, that the tube will last a long time. I usually only have to buy one tube a summer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82