Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So trivial, yet it really ticks you off.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
5a0pxe.jpg

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Another thing:
Ist there any pro, on classic men's long nightshirts, instead of pyjamas??

Mostly in severe cold winter evenings. I usually favor soft
sweat-pants & henley tops by Abercrombie & Fitch.
I mention these because they are very good quality & last forever,
more important, they are ridiculously low priced when I buy them
off the summer rack sales.

They are super comfortable.
The only thing is some of them have huge logo of a moose or lettering
splattered all over.
But I mostly wear them only inside the house.
Polo thinks I look ridiculous...
but so what, I don’t care! :p

Last edited:
Ist there any pro, on classic men's long nightshirts, instead of pyjamas??

I have a long nightshirt that I picked up last year. I find that I tend to get it all twisted up around me as I roll. The fuzzy pajama pants you see everywhere in the Christmas season and a long-sleeve t-shirt or henly (as 2jakes mentioned) are preferred.

ChrisB

A-List Customer
This is an industry wide issue, not just through Obamacare. The insurance I have through my job has become more expensive and covers less each year without fail. Since I haven't had a cost of living increase (or anything else resembling a raise) in eight years, it nets out to an annual reduction in my take-home pay every January. What's more, since my company and carrier are based in Florida, they often consider NY medical costs too high against national standards to cover them in full.

As others have said, the whole healthcare situation here is a mess, and it's unlikely to really improve anytime soon.

Insurance companies are in business to make profits, not to provide health care. They can increase their profits by either increasing premiums or decreasing coverage. Either way, you are screwed.

I have a long nightshirt that I picked up last year. I find that I tend to get it all twisted up around me as I roll.
That's, what I'm supposing on it, too. But, it seems to have it's aficionados until today. I mean, the price of the storebrand ones, here, is ridiculous and it don't look, that they will get out of market.
And often they got the sporty V-neck. :cool:

So, we will see...

Insurance companies are in business to make profits, not to provide health care. They can increase their profits by either increasing premiums or decreasing coverage. Either way, you are screwed.

Market-economy is like "Weyland-Yutani Insurance Division" would offer healthcare-insurance policies. ;););)

Market-economy is like "Weyland-Yutani Insurance Division" would offer healthcare-insurance policies. ;););)

Bartenders, please see post #4059 in this thread in addition to the one #4067 I copied here. This member - who I like and respect - has taken to comments like this that, based on my read of the guidelines / policy set out by FL, are blatant political commentary.

As noted in post #4059, we all sway a bit there sometimes, but these posts from Trenchfriend are just full-on modern-day political views delivered in an aggressive manner. As I just hinted at in #4059, if this arrant political commentary is now allowed, I'll open up barrage of that type of commentary back at him, but I don't believe FL wants that - nor do I.

Please clarify the rules as one of us - and maybe it is me - doesn't understand what is or is not allowed.

Thank you, Fading Fast

This thread seems to be veering away from the trivial, so to get back on track:

Shoelaces that won't stay tied unless you double knot them, or are so long that that double knotting is needed to keep them a reasonable length.

Or a variation on a theme of this issue, lately, I've noticed a lot of shoes and sneakers coming with non-standard laces that might look great, but are going to be hard as heck to find replacements for down the line. If a manufacturer puts out a unique lace for a pair of shoes, they should include an extra set or two with the shoes (but that would cost them pennies more per shoe, God forbid they do that).

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Bartenders, please see post #4059 in this thread in addition to the one #4067 I copied here. This member - who I like and respect - has taken to comments like this that, based on my read of the guidelines / policy set out by FL, are blatant political commentary.

As noted in post #4059, we all sway a bit there sometimes, but these posts from Trenchfriend are just full-on modern-day political views delivered in an aggressive manner. As I just hinted at in #4059, if this arrant political commentary is now allowed, I'll open up barrage of that type of commentary back at him, but I don't believe FL wants that - nor do I.

Please clarify the rules as one of us - and maybe it is me - doesn't understand what is or is not allowed.

Thank you, Fading Fast

I think we've gone about as far as we need to with the health care discussion -- there's a line, and we all know when it's crossed or about to be crossed, so it's best now to just let it lie. As Fred Allen once defined the work of a committee, we've come together and after great discussion have agreed to agree that nothing can be done.

Any further on the subject can be taken up in PM, while we get back to trivialities that tick us off.

I hate round waxed shoelaces. They're stiff, clumsy, and don't stay tied. I really, really hate round waxed shoelaces. I scour eBay for old-stock flat cotton shoelaces so I don't have to use the ridiculous round ones that are the only ones you can find in stores now.

I think we've gone about as far as we need to with the health care discussion -- there's a line, and we all know when it's crossed or about to be crossed, so it's best now to just let it lie. As Fred Allen once defined the work of a committee, we've come together and after great discussion have agreed to agree that nothing can be done.

Any further on the subject can be taken up in PM, while we get back to trivialities that tick us off.

I hate round waxed shoelaces. They're stiff, clumsy, and don't stay tied. I really, really hate round waxed shoelaces. I scour eBay for old-stock flat cotton shoelaces so I don't have to use the ridiculous round ones that are the only ones you can find in stores now.

And when you trip over those shoelaces that won't stay tied and fall and injure yourself and then seek medical attention ...

I shall retreat to my corner now.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
And on this corner.....

I own a pair of tennis shoes that were very comfortable and also gave me
great support on the courts.
I used them until the soles gave out.
Went to different shops, but were not available or no longer in stock.

The company replaced them with a “newer, improved” model.
But this was not the case.

This is trivial, but it really ticks me off.
Promoting a item as improved but the quality of material is not and
makes for a very uncomfortable product.

Today, the majority of tennis apparel consists of poly-blend materials.
For me, it’s uncomfortable, even if the Fed or Rafa tell me it’s great.

I go with 100% cotton whenever possible.

Last edited:

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
This thread seems to be veering away from the trivial, so to get back on track:

Shoelaces that won't stay tied unless you double knot them, or are so long that that double knotting is needed to keep them a reasonable length.
My Dad showed me how to tie double knot so the other kids could not easily untie my shoe laces. Worked like a charm, so I still tie double to this day.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Key boards that don't transmit the letter, or capitalize the letter when you strike that key! I am getting tired of having to do an extra thorough proof reading job. I am not a newspaper editor!

Everytime, I get a headache and that's not often, I check my glasses, if there is grime/debris on it. Since years I clean my glasses preventive daily and additional, when I was in a bigger city with all their street- and rubberdust.

But annoying, if you get a headache and your glasses are still clean enough and you have to find another reason for the headache. ;)

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Key boards that don't transmit the letter, or capitalize the letter when you strike that key! I am getting tired of having to do an extra thorough proof reading job. I am not a newspaper editor!

When that happens I pick up the keyboard and shake it. Bits of fried chicken crust, sesame seeds, and french fry crumbs fall out, and that usually solves the problem.

Trivial:
People, which visited one of our little-town's bench seats in the nature and left behind things, like disrupted (what you would call) bank-statements. The grass around the bench seat looked like sprinkled with chunky confetti. :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philheaton