Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Feraud

Bartender
I have a few of these tie hangers and they do the job.
1248646623.jpg

Digme

New in Town
Widebrim said:
Man alive, Digme! For your first post, you picked quote a photo to share! Great collection! Is that your hallway, and what are they hanging on?Give us some info about how you got these, what companies are represented, etc.

Thanks! Sadly, these are not mine. They belong to a friend who has been collecting for years. He sent this photo to a few friends last year. I asked if I could put it up on The Lounge and he agreed.

This is just 1/3 of his collection. He has a whole other section of vintage hand-painted ties and tons of hangers full of vintage ties that still need to be pressed. He has them hanging on curtain rods in a very long hallway of his home.

Glad you dig 'em!

Digme

New in Town
Widebrim said:
Definately dig 'em! Has his collection been featured anywhere? And what part of the West Coast are you from?

We both live in San Francisco.

I'm trying to convince him to publish a "coffee-table" book to feature his collection :)

Digme

New in Town
Feraud said:
That is an amazing collection.:eusa_clap
Your friend's collection could do well in an art gallery showing!

Thanks Feraud! I agree!

...but I wonder if the participants of this fine website (and vintage aficionados) think a large picture book of the ties would be received well?

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Digme said:
Thanks Feraud! I agree!

...but I wonder if the participants of this fine website (and vintage aficionados) think a large picture book of the ties would be received well?

There already are several "picture books" out on neckties. Particularly well-known is "Fit to Be Tied," and "The Ties That Blind," the latter being a bit more historical in nature than the first. Another such book might be well-received, just depends on what type of ties are featured.

Widebrim said:
There already are several "picture books" out on neckties. Particularly well-known is "Fit to Be Tied," and "The Ties That Blind," the latter being a bit more historical in nature than the first. Another such book might be well-received, just depends on what type of ties are featured.

If they feature many of those ties---especially the ones on the top rack---I would be in for a new book. :D

Digme

New in Town
Widebrim said:

Got it. I'm aware of the books you mentioned. Thanks for your thoughts on this, Widebrim!

Digme

New in Town
jamespowers said:
If they feature many of those ties---especially the ones on the top rack---I would be in for a new book. :D

Yes, I agree. And those are just the ones that can be seen clearly in the front part of the photograph. There are stellar pieces all the way to the back and in the other parts of the collection.

Thanks for your input, jp. This is all very helpful :)

Digme said:
Yes, I agree. And those are just the ones that can be seen clearly in the front part of the photograph. There are stellar pieces all the way to the back and in the other parts of the collection.

Thanks for your input, jp. This is all very helpful :)

That fellow in the picture doesn't happen to be in a particular vintage band does he? He was a singer or soemthing wasn't he? ;) :D
Those ties are really wonderful. I wish I could display mine like that without my son wanting to take off with a couple of them. ;) :D

Digme

New in Town
jamespowers said:
That fellow in the picture doesn't happen to be in a particular vintage band does he? He was a singer or soemthing wasn't he? ;) :D
Those ties are really wonderful. I wish I could display mine like that without my son wanting to take off with a couple of them. ;) :D

Very good, James. You are correct :)

Digme

New in Town
YETI said:
Is that the singer from Indigo Swing? I sold him a few ties on his Belly Warmers website. I thought a couple looked familiar in the photo.

I won't "out" anyone here without permission, but it certainly appears that the vintage necktie community is a close-knit one indeed!

The question is, would the mainstream population be interested in a big, colorful book of these wearable gems? There are many other vintage/antique books that have been released, so there could be a market for it, right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe