Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
High Pockets said:
:) Why,...thanks Widebrim!:)
That one came from Ebay, I just happened to get lucky that day.
Kinda makes up for the times I wasn't so fortunate,...ie. three of the others.
!
Lucky you! I was contemplating on bidding on those ties, especially the first maroon-one

100_2339.jpg

.. when I finally decided to place the bids they were sold allready..:eusa_doh:

High Pockets

Practically Family
djgo-cat-go said:
!
Lucky you! I was contemplating on bidding on those ties, especially the first maroon-one

.. when I finally decided to place the bids they were sold allready..:eusa_doh:

Well, dog-gone-it,....now I wish there'd been two of them for sale,.....it turned out to be a really nice tie.
I wore the maroon one with the white tulips on Sunday,......with white slacks, a pair of maroon silk Trafalgar braces and a white shirt, all topped of with a nice Panama and danged if I didn't see a couple bonified double-takes from some of my fellow-parishoners!:)

I think I'm really gonna like this new found obsession!

High Pockets

Practically Family
Widebrim said:
Here's a solid air brushed beauty I got a few months ago (I think at a thrift store). It is labeled HAND PAINTED IN CALIFORNIA by Duval of Hollywood, and Skinner PURE SILK. It was sold by Dotson's Clo. Co. Waterloo, Iowa, and is 4" at its widest point. (Sorry that I couldn't get the who design in the scan.)

th_CCF07102009_00000.jpg

Widebrim,....that is one nice tie!!:)

Warbaby

One Too Many
I found this beauty at the thrift store a couple of days ago. Even though it had been worn and needed a good cleaning, the previous owner had left the original price tag on the back - I guess he wanted to be able to show people that he had a $150.00 tie. Or maybe it was to remind himself that he was a fool for blowing a hundred fifty bucks on a necktie...

I don't care about the price tag, but I love the design and I think it's going to be one of my favorite ties.

TieEstro1.jpg

TieEstro2.jpg

Enigma1947

Familiar Face
Hey, I have that same tie in orange!!

Marc Chevalier said:

I'm excited about this tie: it's from the 1940s, and is made of a heavy woven rayon brocade. See the sharks in it?

-------------------------------
BVm8kig2kKGrHgoOKkQEjlLmVIM2BKTUPjt.jpg

Nice find! I found mine at a flee market a few months ago. I'll post pics of it later.

Enigma1947

Familiar Face
Result of a badly listed eBay auction!

Here's a beauty that I found a couple of years ago. $25 on an eBay BUY IT NOW!!! Hand Painted San Francisco!!! One of my favorites, although I feel strange wearing it considering I am in Los Angeles and have never been to San Francisco. But, I am still happy to have it as part of my collection.
lounge054.jpg
lounge057.jpg

Enigma1947

Familiar Face
Here it goes.

Marc Chevalier said:
Actually, mine is orange too! (The seller's photo above is discolored).

Marc, now all we need to do is to run into eachother somewhere in the Los Angeles area while wearing this tie! Ha Ha! Awkward Moment! It would be just like the time I went to see Royal Crown Revue and the sax player Mando Dorame was wearing the exact same Kamehameha hawaiin shirt that I was!

lounge028.jpg

lounge029.jpg

Enigma1947

Familiar Face
Here's something cool I found!

I collect vintage yearbooks and when I am dying of bordom I flip thru the pages looking at all the neckties in hopes of finding someone wearing one that I own. I think I actually found one! This pic is from the 1950 Pasadena City College yearbook. I'm pretty sure it's the same design! What do you think?

Lounge47.jpg

lounge001.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe