Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

JohnnyGringo

A-List Customer
I also have a few shots of some of my favorites:
http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q88/JohnnyGringo_2007/?action=view&current=SANY02882.jpg
http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q88/JohnnyGringo_2007/?action=view&current=SANY02892.jpg
http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q88/JohnnyGringo_2007/?action=view&current=SANY02872.jpg
http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q88/JohnnyGringo_2007/?action=view&current=SANY0291.jpg

These photos don't include any of the seventeen ties I found yesterday by the way. I guess Christmas came twice for me this year, because I also found a Gray Royal Stetson at the same place. :D

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I have maybe 40 vintage ties, some of which I have posted here. Ties like these just make me go crazy! I love vintage ties to the point of near frenzy. Pant pant.
Thanks so much for posting these, guys.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
I have some NOS 1940s ties that I bought. The good news is they are striped blues and marrons which is unusual. MK and Benny H are the props of two of them following a recnt Lounger event. I might like to sell a few more . Any interest?

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
I recently moved and got around to unpacking my stuff over the past few days. My ties have been folded away in containers for a quite while so they look a bit mangled. I sold over 400 to a vintage clothes store before I moved (ones that weren't that great and I would never wear). I'm now down to around 1000. ;)

neckties-1.jpg
[/IMG]

JohnnyGringo

A-List Customer
QB, I especially love the Rodeo and Nudie Ties-both very nice. I haven't found any of either type in my travels as of yet, but am constantly on the lookout!

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Quigley Brown said:
I recently moved and got around to unpacking my stuff over the past few days. My ties have been folded away in containers for a quite while so they look a bit mangled. I sold over 400 to a vintage clothes store before I moved (ones that weren't that great and I would never wear). I'm now down to around 1000. ;)

neckties-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Great assortment! (And good censoring.lol). I am an amateur compared to you, with only about 250 in my collection. Recently purchased a peek-a-boo for $2, and will shortly be auctioning a Dali.

Frankie Lamb

One of the Regulars
"Find a limb an hang 'em !"

Well Gents, after drooling over some of the ties I've seen here I'm thinking of throwing mine in the fireplace! So far I only have upwards of a hundred or so and it's already getting hard to find a decent way to hang them so they're easy to see at a glance when I'm trying to select one to wear. The usual style of hangers with pegs don't work well in that respect. The bottom line, I'd like to know how some of you hang your ties without covering an entire wall ( not that there's anything wrong with that ).
I'm standing by for any and all ideas and thanks in advance.
Frankie Lamb

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Frankie Lamb said:
Well Gents, after drooling over some of the ties I've seen here I'm thinking of throwing mine in the fireplace! So far I only have upwards of a hundred or so and it's already getting hard to find a decent way to hang them so they're easy to see at a glance when I'm trying to select one to wear. The usual style of hangers with pegs don't work well in that respect. The bottom line, I'd like to know how some of you hang your ties without covering an entire wall ( not that there's anything wrong with that ).
I'm standing by for any and all ideas and thanks in advance.
Frankie Lamb

I have two of these buggers on my wall. They hold a great deal of ties.
1930stierack.jpg

The rest I have resting on regular clothes hangers in my closet.

I have well over 100 ties and wonder where it will stop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe