Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Love that "I Like Ike" tie. I've been on a long dry spell at the thrifts. Hope it ends soon.

I am not going to tell on myself, however it is said taking a small personal size flask filled with Scotch may help keeping you well oiled and not dry....lol!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
36c3e5c3be0afbcefdbe5da641c628f4.jpg
f8240c1416288aa3def39a50c5f5803d.jpg

Had some good luck at the thrift store this morning. Unlabeled, but only $2 each.

The thrift stores around here seem to have stopped having any tie selection at all. They do however have plenty of broken furniture......

Nice grab you have for a few bucks, too!

Love that "I Like Ike" tie. I've been on a long dry spell at the thrifts. Hope it ends soon.

Thanks! I was pretty taken aback when I saw it there. It has been a pretty good year, tie-wise, at the thrifties for me. I have nabbed about half a dozen since spring. That may not seem like a lot, but it's more than I've found in the last 10 years. The good stuff just ain't in the thriftstores any more.

Good luck hunting!

Thanks! I was pretty taken aback when I saw it there. It has been a pretty good year, tie-wise, at the thrifties for me. I have nabbed about half a dozen since spring. That may not seem like a lot, but it's more than I've found in the last 10 years. The good stuff just ain't in the thriftstores any more.

Good luck hunting!

And of course you are going to swap the Ike tie for a striped tie with me---Right? :p

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Excellent! We are back onto that old argument:eek:

All of those are very good ties, but with a shirt like the one in the pictures, I think most ties would look more interesting by association. I like that spear point collar. I remember seeing that shirt on the eBay auction with my off-white 1900-1910s tie, I think it is Dinerman's.

Annixter

Practically Family
36c3e5c3be0afbcefdbe5da641c628f4.jpg
f8240c1416288aa3def39a50c5f5803d.jpg

Had some good luck at the thrift store this morning. Unlabeled, but only $2 each.

Great ties D. I know the market is pretty dried up in your neck of the woods, so I bet you were thrilled. That's probably the best Ike tie I've seen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe