Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Quigley Brown said:
The one I'd been staring at for years trying to figure out what it was.....

tietwo.jpg
[/IMG]

That's good. Oh, that's good. That, my good Quigley, is one ugly tie. I'd even spell it uggly for emphasis.

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jamespowers said:
I think you have the ugly winner there compared to the others posted so far. Out of the 1930s ties posted, it wins hands down. :p

The contest has barely begun.

Two men enter ... one man leaves ... two men enter ... one man leaves ...

- Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
The Wolf said:
Is that a curling tie clip? I've seen some sports designs on clips before but never curling.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

That sure is. And last night I won a set of curling cufflinks. Not terribly vintage (1973) but pretty cool, nonetheless. Also some "new" curling pins. Some of the coolest I've run across.

stonelinks.jpg

ff6a_1.jpg

indycop

I'll Lock Up
It's not vintage and my last name is not Thomas but I saw this for 11 bucks (all the others were 30)at EPCOT in Disney this weekend on vacation and had to snag it. I really liked the little Griffin on the bottom too!:rolleyes:

P1220001.jpg

P1220002.jpg

Dagwood

Practically Family
Can someone please explain the difference between a Cohama "California Drape," a Cohama "California Casual" and a Cohama "California Swagger" tie. Thanks.

EDIT: Here is my Cohama "California Drape" originally sold by Chaix-Copley of St. Paul:
pict0085tt1.jpg
pict0086jc1.jpg

rumblefish

One Too Many
Here are some Holland & Holland ties.

DSC00765.jpg

DSC00768.jpg

I got them off of ebay, each one was less than $20. It seems the ones with the shotgun cartridges or headstamps go for the big bucks. I like these because of their safari theme.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe