Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
DSCF2829.jpg

A monstrosity of ugliness. I assume it's 1930s but I'd want to consult with Powers as his connoisseurship in ties outranks and outflanks mine. No tag inside. No keeper (obviously). Note fugly blue and pink-orange fading coloration. Also note the weird little geometric wildebeests jumping up and down the thing. I bought it for good money from a Portland-area vintage website with many many other beautiful 1930s ties. It looked (and still looks) better in photos than in real life. My G-d, it's ugly.

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Doran said:
DSCF2829.jpg

A monstrosity of ugliness. I assume it's 1930s but I'd want to consult with Powers as his connoisseurship in ties outranks and outflanks mine. No tag inside. No keeper (obviously). Note fugly blue and pink-orange fading coloration. Also note the weird little geometric wildebeests jumping up and down the thing. I bought it for good money from a Portland-area vintage website with many many other beautiful 1930s ties. It looked (and still looks) better in photos than in real life. My G-d, it's ugly.
I like it. I like Paisley, no matter how prickly.

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Dinerman said:
it looked like the store had gone to the estate sale of a dead druggist. There were three sets of mortar and pestle tieclip/cufflink sets. I didn't think I could get away with them, not being a druggist or doctor myself.

Do you make pesto?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe