Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Sure, but balance of probabilities. Say, 100 million ties every year produced in the US during the 30s, in that style. Not so many produced in that style in the 40s, a mere fraction of the number. On balance of probabilities, that is a 1930s tie.

Nick or I - and a number of other FLoungers - could make that tie tomorrow, of course. but given that it's a vintage tie, the likelihood of it being from the 40s is much lower than from the 30s.

Sure, but balance of probabilities. Say, 100 million ties a year produced in the US during the 30s, in that style. Not so many produced in that style in the 40s, a mere fraction of the number. On balance of probabilities, that is a 1930s tie.
Of course. I was just saying it was possible not that it was for sure. There are a few examples in this thread of the made in the 40s looking like 30s ties. I was not speaking about this one example but more in general of it being possible for looks to be deceiving.

And the tie of the day is:
$T2eC16F,!ygE9s7HHg,bBQqO-5T+bQ~~60_57.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vetox88