Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
My "new" ties

I put a bid of two bucks on this lot of ties a couple days ago because I liked the patterns and ended up winning them for that. It will be easier to tell once they actually arrive, but for those more knowledgeable on ties, what did I just buy?

ae90_1.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
okay, they came in today.
I even got a free one that the seller threw in, which is a great tie as well. I'm not wild about the blue swirly one, but by the tag on it, it looks to be '40's.
I'll post pictures soon.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
and here they are.
it's amazing how stains that you can't see in person show in pictures.

IMG_3176.jpg

IMG_3177.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------
IMG_3178.jpg

IMG_3179.jpg

IMG_3180.jpg

IMG_3181.jpg

IMG_3183.jpg

IMG_3184.jpg

IMG_3185.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
There's a thrift shop by me that had about 10 of those square bottom knit ties last I checked. They just didn't look good on me.

Here's that Rotary International tie i was talking about. I don't know if it's actually 30s, but it's woven silk, really short, and is the same shape as many of my 1930s ties:

RotaryTie1.jpg

RotaryTie2.jpg

My local Trinity Mission Thrift threw up four more great ties today - including the latest addition to my "racist attire from the 1930s/1940s collection"

bk

Jovan

Suspended
bk (I always think Burger King when I see that!): That tie hardly qualifies as racist if you ask me. I'm sure someone who made/bought it actually had an interest in African culture. Furthermore, I've seen art by black people who depict their skin as actual black, despite it being technically brown.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally