Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Here is a similar tag on mine from the 1930s.
8be0_12.JPG

It's 54"? I have yet to see a '30s tie that long, even those made for taller men, but I suppose it could be so.[huh] At least the design reflects that time period. Perhaps it would help to see a complete photo of the rear blade of Dinerman's tie.

The tags are slightly different. I am not sure if that means one is later than the other but it would be. One says just plain wool and the other virgin wool. I am not sure when that term became popular on labels though.[huh]

The Good

Call Me a Cab
My Classics professor wore a vintage tie today. One of the students said "Nice tie," and he told us a bit about it; he had it since high school, and it was one of the few ties he kept around his closet from that time. It was a narrow 1 3/4 inch looking striped tie from probably the late '50s or '60s. I thought it was a cool story, myself.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
The tags are slightly different. I am not sure if that means one is later than the other but it would be. One says just plain wool and the other virgin wool. I am not sure when that term became popular on labels though.[huh]

Yeah, I don't know either regarding the virgin wool line.

My Classics professor wore a vintage tie today. One of the students said "Nice tie," and he told us a bit about it; he had it since high school, and it was one of the few ties he kept around his closet from that time. It was a narrow 1 3/4 inch looking striped tie from probably the late '50s or '60s. I thought it was a cool story, myself.

Hey, that is cool; a little piece of tie history. Question is, did you wear a tie that day?

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Yeah, I don't know either regarding the virgin wool line.

Hey, that is cool; a little piece of tie history. Question is, did you wear a tie that day?

I actually didn't, and I only wear ties occasionally there (3 or 4 times a month), mostly for church. Usually, I wear a leather jacket (either G-1 or Wested Raiders) or a brown James Dean style windbreaker. I am considering the possibility of sometimes wearing ties with the leather jackets though. Anyway, it's not everyday that I notice a vintage tie. I still have a tough time distinguishing between modern and vintage narrow ties. I'm thinking of having a midnight blue grenadine one (not too narrow, maybe 3 inches) custom made by Sam Hober this year. I've heard a lot of positive things about them on the Style Forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe