Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Some at random examples from the 40s-early 50s

unknown, unknown, and a Regal All Silk
triple100-1.jpg
[/IMG]

A Beau Brummell rayon and another unknown
double100.jpg
[/IMG]

I would wear those to work.:D Then again, I am of The Louder the Better Club. :p;)

I'm glad you guys like the tie. It's actually a copy of a knackered old late 1920s tie I had. It is the "Resilient Construction" patented construction pattern. I made a pattern and this is the first one off my production line. I have a store here that has a large stock of vintage tie silks in numerous patterns. I have exemplar ties from the various eras of interest that i'll be making patterns from.

I like it! It falls in that category I call "vintage you can wear to work (and get away with it if your company is stuffy about that sort of thing)"

I also like it for the same reason. So many of my vintage ties are quite loud...and while I am completely okay with that, I am always also on teh lookout for the ones that do not scream for attention.

Definitely wearable at work. Nice find.

Nice one. Looks like a late 40s tie. Interesting that from far it looks like a squares pattern but close up you can see the pattern is actually made up of circles.

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
Here's a tie I picked up yesterday. I like it because it's clearly vintage but would be appropriate even for a conservative office setting (since I'm currently jobless, I've been worried a bit that when I do get hired somewhere, much of my wardrobe will be rendered inappropriate).

paisleytie.jpg

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
I'm glad you guys like the tie. It's actually a copy of a knackered old late 1920s tie I had. It is the "Resilient Construction" patented construction pattern. I made a pattern and this is the first one off my production line. I have a store here that has a large stock of vintage tie silks in numerous patterns. I have exemplar ties from the various eras of interest that i'll be making patterns from.

You're into necktie production, Baron? Smashing! You inspire me with such a venture. How did you learn to construct them properly, and what patterns to you have to avail from?

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Ok, a while back I found some Bold Look era ties for 75 cents each at a Goodwill, and I promised HarpPlayerGene that I would post them when able. I don't know where all of them are now (and I think that I sold one or two of them), but here's one from Haband, for all you dog lovers.

Photo5-2.jpg
Photo6.jpg

I could probably sell it for a good price, but it's a keeper. Really novel.

Widebrim,

Re: the construction, I've had to fix up so many of them over time - completely deconstruct and restitch them, quite often - that i've gotten practiced at all the sewing necessary. All that was required was a bit of practice at pattern cutting.

The patterns I make from old really knackered ties that will never be wearable. I also have a couple of commercial patterns; A "five-fold" one from 1937, the other 1946, I think. I have examples from almost every pre-mid-50s type of tie imaginable. I just haven't done all the patterns, yet.

Kahuna

One of the Regulars
Ok, a while back I found some Bold Look era ties for 75 cents each at a Goodwill, and I promised HarpPlayerGene that I would post them when able. I don't know where all of them are now (and I think that I sold one or two of them), but here's one from Haband, for all you dog lovers.

Photo5-2.jpg
Photo6.jpg

I could probably sell it for a good price, but it's a keeper. Really novel.
Great looking tie. I like the little cameos of dogs. Very unusual.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe