Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

is yet another tie that was a gift from yet another student. Van Heusen, 100% silk, made in China:(, but it has a nice design and color scheme. (I was seated when the photo was taken, so it's not quite that long.)

Photo7-2-1.jpg
Photo8-1.jpg

Not bad. Nice knot on that one too. :D

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Okay, it's a thin tie (2 1/2"), but I think it's got a nice pattern and hue to it. From Burma Bibas, all silk.

Photo9-1.jpg
Photo12-1.jpg

Update: Tonight I had a principal comment favorably on my Mr. T suit and the above tie. A few minutes later, a fellow who had heard the comment began to walk by me, did a small pivot, and said, "That is a nice tie." Thank you, local thrift store...

Last edited:

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Wearing right now: Only label says, Irby Thompson Dallas. Is rather short, and feels like acetate. Yes, it has some discoloration on the lower end (which I might be able to remove), but I wore it anyway, since most people probably wouldn't even notice it at first glance. At any rate, I really like the colors and design.

Photo13-2.jpg

Wearing right now: Only label says, Irby Thompson Dallas. Is rather short, and feels like acetate. Yes, it has some discoloration on the lower end (which I might be able to remove), but I wore it anyway, since most people probably wouldn't even notice it at first glance. At any rate, I really like the colors and design.

Photo13-2.jpg

Kind of reminds me of peacock feathers. :D I don't see any stains. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe