Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Feraud said:
O.k... this might be it for a while. One more Superba Cravats.. a Royal Sugar 'N Spice.
You guys have probably seen every tie in my closet!

The material feels like silk crepe.
DSC08372.jpg

DSC08373.jpg

This is an interesting one. Kind of reminds me of dandelions.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
Oh no! A Duplicate! :p I'll have to burn it when I get it. ;)
That was cheating by the way. lol If you had the original ad that it was advertised in though.....;)

I've two of the same one. :)

Feraud

Bartender
jamespowers said:
Ok, go ahead and say I am insane for getting so many at once.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400122364103&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:US:1123

Far too many skinny ties in that lot but the Palm beach ties and a few others might just be worth it. Soon there will be lots of 70s ties available for purchase.:rolleyes: :p
Nice one. I was watching the lot because of that Palm Beach tie!
If you discover you hate the PB tie, I'll gladly take it off your hands. :)

jamespowers said:
This is an interesting one. Kind of reminds me of dandelions.
It reminds me of that too.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Feraud said:
Superba Cravats.. a Royal Sugar 'N Spice.

The material feels like silk crepe.

DSC08373.jpg

Interesting. I have a few of the "Sugar 'n Spice" line, but they are all checks in the same crepe material you describe (Much like the upper "Sugar 'n Spice" in the link below). This one is much more interesting

I think i saw another from the sugar 'n spice line you may have posted earlier.

Life, 1945, for what to buy Dad for Father's day. The "Mainliner" range, apparently for that heroin addicted paternal figure. The other ranges featured are "Sugar 'n Spice" and "Ranger". I wonder what tie was perfect for the grumpy, sadistic alcoholic father?

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=_EkEAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA114&lpg=PA114&dq=superba+sugar+spice&source=bl&ots=N0kA6xRTUH&sig=TCpWcs8kVKXzimJ20HkKnibu7g4&hl=en&ei=k-74S73_JYfA4gbn5Phj&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBQQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=superba%20sugar%20spice&f=false

Also, should anyone be in Rochester, this might make for a fun day's perusal:

http://www.lib.rochester.edu/index.cfm?page=1155
bk

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
I visited the Goodwill this morning and came away with this pair. I really didn't want to buy them as I didn't find them in the best condition. The real reason I bought them is to give many of you a lesson in determination and why not to give up the hunt! lol

This morning I decided to bike there (only a few miles). It had been raining, but I checked the radar before I left and it indicated that it had passed on through. Well, about half-way it DID start raining and by the time I got there I was pretty soaked, but it stopped once I got there. As always, I made a bee-line to the neckties...usually a couple hundred hanging there...but found nothing. I did the regular rounds and came up with nothing interesting, either. About to leave, it started pouring...I mean 'pouring.' To pass the time till it stopped I made a slowwww stroll around. I went up and down the womens aisles (sometimes you can find mens Pendletons there). Way, way in the back there was the display for the...ummmm....delicates :eek: and lo-and-behold there hung a couple dozen more. [huh] There were a few more vintage besides these two, but they weren't the greatest. So.....if you have the time search the ENTIRE store. :D

goodwillties100.jpg
[/IMG]

Quigley Brown said:
I visited the Goodwill this morning and came away with this pair. I really didn't want to buy them as I didn't find them in the best condition. The real reason I bought them is to give many of you a lesson in determination and why not to give up the hunt! lol

This morning I decided to bike there (only a few miles). It had been raining, but I checked the radar before I left and it indicated that it had passed on through. Well, about half-way it DID start raining and by the time I got there I was pretty soaked, but it stopped once I got there. As always, I made a bee-line to the neckties...usually a couple hundred hanging there...but found nothing. I did the regular rounds and came up with nothing interesting, either. About to leave, it started pouring...I mean 'pouring.' To pass the time till it stopped I made a slowwww stroll around. I went up and down the womens aisles (sometimes you can find mens Pendletons there). Way, way in the back there was the display for the...ummmm....delicates :eek: and lo-and-behold there hung a couple dozen more. [huh] There were a few more vintage besides these two, but they weren't the greatest. So.....if you have the time search the ENTIRE store. :D

goodwillties100.jpg
[/IMG]

Nice finds! It makes the hunt worth it. :eusa_clap

Feraud

Bartender
Just bought this for my son. He's a sophmore in parochial school with a nice group of mostly vintage ties. As his tie collection (and social calendar) grows I think this is a neat little item to have on the wall.
1274717179.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken