Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
Oh and another lot that I should post for widebrim:
!Bser,,!B2k~$(KGrHqMOKicEvLdHmpdrBL4C0Vkg0g~~_12.JPG

Guess which ones are the Haband, Van Cruise and the Superba. ;) :p

Whoa, that's a tough one...We now know that the second from the right is a Haband, but...I'll guess that the Van Cruise is the third from the right, and that the Superba is the middle one...?[huh] :eusa_doh:

Widebrim said:
Whoa, that's a tough one...We now know that the second from the right is a Haband, but...I'll guess that the Van Cruise is the third from the right, and that the Superba is the middle one...?[huh] :eusa_doh:

I'll let you know when I get them in my hands but I could see the blue one being a Van Cruise. It is definitely unique enough.
I think the middle one is a Superba as well.
So, you might be right but I would hope that the Superba or Van Cruise would be the brown and white one. I bought the lot for that one really. Those are fairly hard for me to find in decent shape. That big white area is a prime target for stains.

jamespowers said:
Oh and another lot that I should post for widebrim:
!Bser,,!B2k~$(KGrHqMOKicEvLdHmpdrBL4C0Vkg0g~~_12.JPG

Guess which ones are the Haband, Van Cruise and the Superba. ;) :p

Ok, I received them today. The first two from the left have no labels so no cigar there. :p The blue with the designs next in line is actually a Superba. The red with blue accordian design is the Van Cruise. The next brown is a no name. The one with the white center is the Haband and the last is a Bullocks.
We got the Van Cruise and the Superba mixed up Widebrim. lol
The white one being the Haband is not surprising but it gives me even more respect for the old Haband brand----not the new one mind you---the American made one of old. :rolleyes: :p

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
Ok, I received them today. The first two from the left have no labels so no cigar there. :p The blue with the designs next in line is actually a Superba. The red with blue accordian design is the Van Cruise. The next brown is a no name. The one with the white center is the Haband and the last is a Bullocks.
We got the Van Cruise and the Superba mixed up Widebrim. lol
The white one being the Haband is not surprising but it gives me even more respect for the old Haband brand----not the new one mind you---the American made one of old. :rolleyes: :p

Oh, well, it is hard sometimes to pinpoint a manufacturer (in fact, I'd say it's often very hard!). At any rate, some very nice ties, JP.:eusa_clap

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
Not bad. That is quite a "starter set" if that is what it is. What is the blue and gold one like on the hanger second from the right. Looks like someone is hiding a nice tie there. ;) :D

Thanks, jp! Yeah, three additions arrived the other day. Others I've had. These are just the best of my '40s ties - I've got a bunch of '30s in the closet and, of course, contemporary ties too. But compared to several of you vintage veterans I am certainly in the "starter" category! :)

The blue and gold one is out of hiding in photos below:

DSCN1232.jpg

DSCN0678.jpg

DSCN0679.jpg

HarpPlayerGene said:
Thanks, jp! Yeah, three additions arrived the other day. Others I've had. These are just the best of my '40s ties - I've got a bunch of '30s in the closet and, of course, contemporary ties too. But compared to several of you vintage veterans I am certainly in the "starter" category! :)

The blue and gold one is out of hiding in photos below:

DSCN1232.jpg

DSCN0678.jpg

DSCN0679.jpg

Not too much of a starter with that Van Werk. That is one from someone who knows what to look for in a tie. :D :eusa_clap You won't see tons of those around but they were nice and I grab them when I see them. Van Werks are have unusual patterns and colors.
A bunch of 30s ties to boot doesn't sound much like a starter set now that you mention it. ;)

Some super ties in these recent posts.

We had a great tie seminar on 5/15/10 Saturday afternoon during the Fedora Lounge Queen Mary Event with James Powers and Widebrim giving a fun presentation. James hosted it in the sitting room of the Eisenhower Suite that he had for the family that weekend aboard the QM.

Feraud

Bartender
O.k... this might be it for a while. One more Superba Cravats.. a Royal Sugar 'N Spice.
You guys have probably seen every tie in my closet!

The material feels like silk crepe.
DSC08372.jpg

DSC08373.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken