Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Musclebuzz

New in Town
Thanks for the warm welcome, Guys!
Marty - I think you and I are both fans of wrap-around cuff links!

Orgetorix - I actually got this suit on eBay... and then had to find a knowledgeable tailor to do all the alterations.

I'm always searching for that perfect "off the rack" suit... but hanging out here has really got me thinking now about going for something MTM!

Marty M.

Vendor
Wrap it up.

Musclebuzz said:
[Marty - I think you and I are both fans of wrap-around cuff links!]

You're right. I'm a huge fan of wrap around cuff links.

[I'm always searching for that perfect "off the rack" suit... but hanging out here has really got me thinking now about going for something MTM!]

Ah, another great conversion :eusa_clap .
Marty Mathis

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
gray48vi-vi.jpg
Jovan said:
And hey, you shouldn't forget that Harrison Ford pulled off navy pinstripes with a brown fedora in the previous film to the one you mentioned. ;)

Raiders_SFCH.jpg

By all means though, get another if your budget allows and you're uncomfortable. The hatters and hat-wearers here would be more than glad to help out.

Last but not least, welcome! :)

Actually he was wearing a grey hat and a solid navy suit.

end_suit2sm-vi.jpg
mynexthat2-vi.jpg
gray48vi-vi.jpg

I recall endless (and pointless), and strangely acrimonious "debates" regarding the slightest inflection of clothing/voice/plot etc. relating to these films. For some absurd reason, which eludes me still, the Indiana Jones "thing" has gone way beyond the - in my opinion decidedly mediocre (i don't even like the hat) - movies. C'est la vie surreal.

bk

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Baron Kurtz said:
I recall endless (and pointless), and strangely acrimonious "debates" regarding the slightest inflection of clothing/voice/plot etc. relating to these films. For some absurd reason, which eludes me still, the Indiana Jones "thing" has gone way beyond the - in my opinion decidedly mediocre (i don't even like the hat) - movies. C'est la vie surreal.

bk

Funny thing that, althought I definitely liked the movies, I think it is just human nature at least for some (us) to choose things often randomly to collect and dissect. In a way it is like giving yourself a challenge for the fun of it, then pursuing as a mental exercise.

THing about a movie like this though, is that unlike something from the past, it is really about what some hollywood costumer who often would know less than many of us, making decisions. SO, if you are wondering what Casry Grant wore in a movie, you are really wondering what a well dressed icon from hte era wore and what colors were available and what colors were combined in what way by a style follower/style maker.

But with a modern movie, you are wondering what a costumer in hollywood thought would be somewhat authentic or thought would work well in a movie.

Still, cool movie and weather it is starwars or battlestar galactica, or indy jones, some people just love it and want to know all about it. Good as anything I guess. I certainly think it makes more sense than buying collectibles created to be collectibles such as beanie babies.

When I first saw the movie, I was maybe 14, and was into military modeling and building dioramas and such. at that time I knew a lot about german uniforms and enjoyed seeing the somewhat authentic costuming of the german soldiers. OF course I was also aware that the movie took place maybe three years before the uniforms would have ever been worn or created. SO kudos to the costumers for doing a good job on the look, but we both knew that the timing wa all wrong.

Jovan

Suspended
Not to mention the P38 pistol and MP40 submachine gun (or MP38, which was similar but still markedly different, if you want to be an apologist).

Grey hat or not, an earth coloured fedora works quite well with a navy pinstriped suit. I can see his concern in the brim being turned up a bit at the sides western (?) style, but I think it's nice and shows a bit of personality.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe