Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Pink Shirts

:eusa_clap I love pink shirts but I have to admit that the salmon pink one you are wearing in your avatar is a beauty. Is it vintage as well Marc? That plaid is out there in a wonderful Golden Era style...:eusa_clap

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sartorial finery at its best, Mr Chevalier. What an ensemble! As for the clown who mentioned 'he who should not be named' at the Cicada Club, well, I believe it was Abraham Lincoln who said that it's better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Rover, old chap, you've struck again! :eusa_clap

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Photo of carebear's suit on Thursday:

matthewfull.jpg

Sharp!

(Also note the sea plane that is coming in for a landing that I captured in the upper left corner. It was about to land on the lake next to the hotel where we ate lunch.)

Bertie Wooster

New in Town
New to this thread, but not new to FL. Me dressed up when I went to see Casablanca the other week. I am wearing a TM Lewin pinstripe, a TM Lewin shirt, cufflinks courtesy of Vintage Betty and a Trilby, I know its indoors but...

Various061.jpg

I am now after an overcoat and a long, black umbrella.

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Hooray Hooray Hooray

So, it is about time I posted some of my suits. I will start with one that makes me very excited and happy becaue I thought I lost the pants. It is the finest and favoritest suit I have ever had. I got a spot on the pants nad set them aside for cleaning. then I did some house cleaning. I guess I took them out to my sister's with some other stuff for storage. But i forgot. I thought I had accidentally put them in a thrift store bag and given them away. I was so bummed, let me tell you.

Well, glad to report, I am once again intact. Thirties belted back cream gaberdine suit. Very rare, fit me perfecdt and is just amazing.

It has been a few years and I have gained some weight so I will need some alterations. But I am so happy.

I am sure you can understand my excitement.

I don't usually like to wear a straw hat, but I don't have any cream hat that will go. I don't like to go for a summer look as much as a hollywood, entertainer flashy look. Hence the black shirt.

sellfedoralounge083.jpg

sellfedoralounge080.jpg

sellfedoralounge086.jpg

sellfedoralounge085.jpg

sellfedoralounge087.jpg

sellfedoralounge084.jpg

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Half a suit

I have had this jacket for years. It is my dream to find pants or fabric to match so I include it here. I am not the type to wear it with non matching slacks. maybe someday.

Thirties belted back black pinstripe in a very sharp cut.

sellfedoralounge088.jpg

sellfedoralounge089.jpg

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
And just for laughs, here is a mod sixties suit I picked up. I never wear sixties, but I decidd to keep it as it was a perfect fit.

I will wear it out some night on the town. Maybe I should add a turtleneck and some chelsea boots. waht do you think?

sellfedoralounge091.jpg

sellfedoralounge090.jpg

Rooster

Practically Family
I like all of them. Of course I like the first two more than the last, especially the first one. I don't mind 60's suits at all. I have a couple that I wear. The fit and craftsmanship are far better than anything you can buy new today. I just wish the pant legs were a little fuller.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
The REET suit for the REET man!!

I just LOVE this little number Reet! As they say in Geordie-Land (Newcastle-UK), "Howay Man! it's the REET size on you!"

DB and belted back, what more could a man ask for! THAT is just so SHARP! Bring it with you to the Queen Mary and you'll be fighting them off (and that's just the MEN!!;) ).

If you decide to grow out of it, give me a call. It's a hum-dinger winner of a suit, and as ever, you carry it off so well :eusa_clap

sellfedoralounge083.jpg

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Rooster said:
I like all of them. Of course I like the first two more than the last, especially the first one. I don't mind 60's suits at all. I have a couple that I wear. The fit and craftsmanship are far better than anything you can buy new today. I just wish the pant legs were a little fuller.

I like the fact that a sixties look is a little hipper, and can even pass for some odd designer thing if I don't want ot look vintage, but want to stand out. I use to wear three buttons a few years bak for real estte when populare suit style was very similar. Now they have moved towards late sixties two button or even early seventies. Might pick up one or two as they tend to be cheap.

Rooster

Practically Family
The average Joe on the street in the Midwest isn't going to have a clue whether a suit is from the 30's, 60's or 2007. It's just a suit. It's wearing any suit at all is what makes you stand out around here.:rolleyes:

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lookin' smooth Reetpleat! Love those beltbacks! You remind me of an old buddy of mine I first met in the Rockabilly scene 18 years ago, Vincenzo Musumeci - minus the Tony Curtis hairstyle! You guys could be brothers!

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
I have a Marrakesh suit from Indy Magnoli in 10oz dark brown cavalry twill that is due to be finished this week - can't wait to get ahold of it and show it to the Lounge.

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Mr. Rover said:
REETPLEAT- WOW! Those first two jackets are works of art! The third one is just as nice, just different. Does the stripe have pants too?

No pants. I have owned it for years. Picked it up in a vintage shol and just had to get it, even though I have never worn it. I am considering buying any black pinstripe suit on e-bay till one matches, selling the rest.

I also might look around for some fabric when I have some meoney. Maybe Indy can find some fabric to match.

Feng_Li

A-List Customer
two suits

And may I say how fine it is to finally be able to post in this thread! :)

Vintage suit:
IMG_3987.jpg

Linen, 2B SB Ventless. The jacket and trousers are a bit short, and the cuffs had to come out to get the trousers even this long.

Fabric detail:
IMG_3988.jpg

The brown Pilgrim was purchased from Douglas. I'm guessing that this suit is 70s, from the fact that the armholes are higher than at present and the trousers are very low-waisted.

Modern suit:
IMG_4034.jpg

IMG_4035.jpg

IMG_4036.jpg

Please excuse the quality of the pictures. 3B SB, side vents. It's a Southwick MTM in 9oz super 100, very dark gray. The fabric is a bit lighter than I would have liked, but I envision this suit to serve as a do-everything until I can expand my wardrobe. I am 5'13" and 165lbs, so finding vintage has been difficult.

I'm very pleased with this suit. It's quite comfortable to wear buttoned while seated. I have only one real complaint:

IMG_4037.jpg

Which should come as no surprise to anyone here. :-/

Critiques of the fit and any other suggestions are of course welcome. I have learned a great deal from reading this thread, and am very grateful to you all.

Jovan

Suspended
I saw the coolest jacket today at Banana Republic. Closely spaced chalkstripe flannel. Unfortunately, I have two complaints, one of them obviously being the same as yours. The other is that there are no matching trousers! A shame. It fit so well except for the scye. :-/ This is why it's so important for us to get the word out on proper fit to these companies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe