Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Miss Golightly - I'm super jealous of that dress!

:eek:fftopic:Have finally moved into a place with the beau so need to be sensible with the funds for a while! Therefore won't be posting on this thread for quite some time :(

Thank you OneAndOnly and congrats on moving in together - every happiness to you both!

I've been looking for a green dress for ages so went for this one:

GreenDress.jpg

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
MissGolightly
So sweet. Is it your Christmas dress? Beautiful.

Thank you! It's not my Christmas dress sadly as there's no way it would make it here on time - the weather has been so bad here we haven't had a regular post for around two weeks so I'm still waiting for loads of things to arrive!

One of these will be my Christmas Day dress - my husband got me these lovelies from LK Bennett for my birthday:

UnitedDress.jpg

LyricDress.jpg

NancyLouise

One of the Regulars
LD, 5 matching feedsacks - that's lucky! I've been looking at a lot of feedsacks myself lately.
Also, I have a hard time with stockings too, not sure these will be long enough, but I had to give it a go even if I only get to bask in their glory for a short while.

BoPeep

Practically Family
Love the border printed feedsacks, LadyDay! I'm always on the lookout for those or the sugar sacks or the salt sacks or the chicken feed sacks... :) I made a Jack Frost sugar sack into a table runner a few years back. I'll try to get some pics.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Oh definitely the red then. Lovely.
I am spoiled. I cannot imagine having to wait 2 weeks for mail. Yikes. Stay warm.

That's what I was thinking - the red is very festive!!!!!!!!!

You are so lucky to have a good postal system - ours is normally good but the whole country has come to a standstill over the last nearly three weeks with heavy snow - we just don't get that kind of weather normally....

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
That's what I was thinking - the red is very festive!!!!!!!!!

You are so lucky to have a good postal system - ours is normally good but the whole country has come to a standstill over the last nearly three weeks with heavy snow - we just don't get that kind of weather normally....

Off topic but.... Funny people here are all complaining because we just had the biggest snowfall we have had in the last 20years (20 inches of snow in 24 hours at my house) and they are all mad that the plows haven't made it to their street the next morning but I have to say we still got our mail yesterday in the middle of that storm the postal workers were still delivering. I think I definetly need to leave them a tip.

Back on Topic Miss Golighly the red dress is lovely.

nancy louise that top is too cute I can see it with some sailer style slacks or shorts.

Last edited:

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Off topic but.... Funny people here are all complaining because we just had the biggest snowfall we have had in the last 20years (20 inches of snow in 24 hours at my house) and they are all mad that the plows haven't made it to their street the next morning but I have to say we still got our mail yesterday in the middle of that storm the postal workers were still delivering. I think I definetly need to leave them a tip.

Back on Topic Miss Golighly the red dress is lovely.

nancy louise that top is too cute I can see it with some sailer style slacks or shorts.

Lucky you. We didn't get our mail. I'm just hoping I can get to work tomorrow as now is not a good time to get fired.

And I agree nancy, That top is lovely.

Foofoogal

Banned
I swear I had a playsuit out of this nautical fabric as a child. That is so adorable. Wish I was 16 again. I would wear it in a heartbeat. It looks so, so comfy.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Land-O-LakesGal and Cherry Lips - thank you ladies!

NancyLouise
- LOVE the top - so sweet!

A few more pieces that will be more suitable when the weather gets better:

BlueDress.jpg

This dress was issued by the Roger Richman Agency who brought out a line of Marilyn Monroe clothing back in the 80's:

MarilynMonroeDress.jpg

It's inspired by this dress:

MarilynMonroeDressjpg2.jpg

And this Saks Fifth Avenue Morris Moskowitz purse:

SaksFifthAvenueBagMM.jpg

Wire9Vintage

A-List Customer
Thank you so much Wire9Vintage! I have been meaning to ask you for ages - who is that in your avatar? I've been wracking my brain and can only think of Frances Farmer? Eitherway whoever it is they are a beauty....

Actually, it's my mom when she was in high school! I will pass on to her what you've said. It'll make her day! (she's 82 now!)

Foofoogal

Banned
me too Miss Golightly. I am always amazed like I have stated numerous times how you find things that just look like you. Especially the pink purse for instance. You definitely have a certain style. So darling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HiredGun