Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Mojito said:
Very sassy and very cute - great pics! I love photos with some animation to them.

Another Norton Anthology fan here - although Norton's Poetry, my favourite, somehow migrated mysteriously to my sister's bookcase while I was living overseas.

Thanks Mo! My facial expression in the first pic was all Jacki's idea. Sadly I cannot take credit. :)

And that's funny none of those Nortons are poetry though I do love poetry!

Shearer

Practically Family
Okay, last :eek:fftopic: , I swear. We need an Arizona/Oz/SoCal meetup for all the classy Norton lovers here on FL!

Okay, back on topic. You can all resume drooling over Dahlia's dresses/anthologies :D

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Shearer said:
Okay, last :eek:fftopic: , I swear. We need an Arizona/Oz/SoCal meetup for all the classy Norton lovers here on FL!

Okay, back on topic. You can all resume drooling over Dahlia's dresses/anthologies :D

:eek:fftopic:
You should post one in Events. I posted for an AZ Ladies Lunch. But I would love to broaden to Arizona/Oz/SoCal!

And yes please continue drooling over either my dresses or books. ;)

Shearer

Practically Family
pretty faythe said:
:eek:fftopic: I donno if I am just brain dead at the moment or what, but you state Arizon/Oz/SoCal. My first thoughts for oz is Australia???

Hehe, yes, but a few munchkins wouldn't go amiss either :)

pretty faythe

One Too Many
This is the dress

This is the dress I had been waiting for. It looks so much prettier on the mannaquin. I took this pick after a long day at work so I look horrid and tried to hide my face.
Here it is on display
68aa_1.jpg

Now on me
Photo0133.jpg

It just seems to hang there. Yes, I am a curvy gal, and I use the phrase curvy cuz they are definate curves. Hips, waist, bust, its an hourglass, a large hourglass, but an hourglass none the less. In this dress I'm more like an apple, no definitions what so ever.
Grrr

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
faythe,

cute dress, i love gingham for summer! did it come with a belt? if not, you could get a piece of ribbon and tie a sash... i did that with a new dress recently and it works really well!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
ShooShooBaby said:
faythe,

cute dress, i love gingham for summer! did it come with a belt? if not, you could get a piece of ribbon and tie a sash... i did that with a new dress recently and it works really well!

Yup, that dress needs a belt. Should have a belt, prolly had a belt. Yup :)

LD

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Faythe if the belt isn't long enough, and you don't want to use a different fabric or belt, what I like to do is stich the belt it came with to the center back of the dress along the back/waist using about 6 inches give or take. Then tie it in a bow in the back pulling the dress in at the sides, know what I mean? This way you can still use the sash it came with, but it won't have to go around your waist.

Remember those scrunchy/band things we used to hook on the backs of our blouses and jackets in the 80's? Kinda like that... HTH, it's a very cute dress!

Here's another idea for the belt.. cutting it in half and attaching part of it to each side of the dress like this,
http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages...22025,39122459&formats=0,0,0,0,0,0,0&format=0

http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages...22025,39122459&formats=0,0,0,0,0,0,0&format=0
Nikki

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
ohairas said:
Faythe if the belt isn't long enough, and you don't want to use a different fabric or belt, what I like to do is stich the belt it came with to the center back of the dress along the back/waist using about 6 inches give or take. Then tie it in a bow in the back pulling the dress in at the sides, know what I mean? This way you can still use the sash it came with, but it won't have to go around your waist.

Remember those scrunchy/band things we used to hook on the backs of our blouses and jackets in the 80's? Kinda like that... HTH, it's a very cute dress!

Here's another idea for the belt.. cutting it in half and attaching part of it to each side of the dress like this,

Nikki

That's such a smart idea!

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
New Dress Yay!

I bought this today! It was actually offered as a Buy It Now!

yellowstripeddressgal.jpg

I know it's hard to tell but it is a yellow & white seersucker print.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Pink Dahlia, that is such a great dress. Its such a nice cut too, can tell that it's gonna be nipped at the waist. I come across too many shirt dresses that don't have much shape to them. This takes the idea of the shirt dress to a new, flirtatious, level. Enjoy wearing it, I'm sure it will look lovely on you.
Oh, and I like the Daisy's!:)

Kim_B

Practically Family
:eek: Scary eyes!! lol

Haven't really bought many new things...a pencil skirt at Kohl's (I just love it when I find gift cards while cleaning out my wallet!) and some cute wedges that I posted in the "Cute Vintagey Shoes" thread. I am having fun living through all you gals...shop away, my dears! ;)

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Shearer, what a smart, darling hat! I am in love with it! :eusa_clap :)
faythe, that is one sweet dress, and I have to agree that ohairas' belt idea sounds fantastic! :) Hope you find some way to work things out. :)
Daisy- That playsuit is wonderful!. Absolutely adorable! :eusa_clap And WOW, TEN dresses?:eek: You really do clean up when you go shopping!:) Looking forward to seeing your amazing purchases!
Pink Dahlia- Very nice! :eusa_clap

I also want to thank Daisy and Lady Day, first, for the sweet words:eek: , and second for your wonderful suggestions, I think those are both great ideas! I just need to get more "open" shoes in general, and I'll be sure to keep and eye out for the style(s) and color(s) you mentioned! Thank you!

Shearer

Practically Family
Thanks, ladies! You all are making me blush :eek:

I saw that hat weeks ago, then forgot where I found it... I was poking around all depressed about losing a gown and stumbled on it again. Guess it was fated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe