Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Lady Day- Wow, what a haul! :eusa_clap I'd be a liar if I said I wasn't a little pea green with envy. :p Enjoy them! :)
pigeon_toe- What a lovely, soft color for the cardigan! And the design is adorable!
Amber Decadence- Adorable! :)

apricot2.jpg

I got this 50's dress awhile ago, and I was actually hoping someone could advise what kind/color of shoes would go well with this, because I don't believe I have any proper ones for it. The majority of my footwear consists of round toe pumps, T-straps, and double strap shoes, and the primary colors are white, black, and brown. I just want to find something the would make the whole outfit "flow". [huh] :( Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer. :)

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow LD, that is an awesome get!! You've got all the luck!!

LadyStardust, that is a lovely dress too. I'm not very good with matching shoes and such but I think a pretty white shoe, if you're gonna wear it in the summer, would like nice. Maybe an espadrille.

I won this "playsuit" last night. I really thought the price would go way up on it, for I have seen similar suits go for way more. It didn't go up, and I'm happy because it was quite a bargain at $33.

I went on a bit of a shopping bender last weekend. I think I bought 10 dresses, it might be more. As soon as I get pictures I will post.

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
These aren't recent purchases by any means. But I figured I'm new here and you guys haven't seen 'em so what the hay.

I bought all of these back in high school. There was this place called Mesa Antique Mart where vendors would have individual booths. It was about the size of a Target. You can imagine how devastated I was when they closed down.

Anyway:
20780380_l.jpg

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
BegintheBeguine said:
I love that collection, Pink Dahlia. It's too bad that mart closed :(

Oh thank you. And me too. :( I used to go there just about every weekend. But we do have a lot of antique stores on Main St. They are all right next to each other. I need to get my butt down there some time.

Viviene

Vendor
I'm going to toot my own horn here. I just bought a lot of 45 dresses including 40s, 50s and 60s new old stock most with the tags dresses. I'm busy trying to get them all photographed and measured now! One will never leave me as I'm wearing it to my youngest daughter's communion in May.

Laughing Magpie

One of the Regulars
I'm really enjoying this thread! So nice to have a place to share these purchases with people who really 'get' it.

And I gotta say I love love love that white cloche, Pink Dahlia!

Jen

Mojito

One Too Many
Daisy Buchanan said:
I won this "playsuit" last night. I really thought the price would go way up on it, for I have seen similar suits go for way more. It didn't go up, and I'm happy because it was quite a bargain at $33.

Oh, that is lovely! Those yellow...inverted pleats? What would you call them? are just so perfect with the dense floral print. What a great buy!

Pink Dahlia, I also admire the white cloche. I suppose it would be too warm to wear with a summer weight 1920s lace, chiffon or linen dress? What about a pale coloured 20s suit with matching jacket, which you sometimes come across?

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Mojito said:
Oh, that is lovely! Those yellow...inverted pleats? What would you call them? are just so perfect with the dense floral print. What a great buy!

Pink Dahlia, I also admire the white cloche. I suppose it would be too warm to wear with a summer weight 1920s lace, chiffon or linen dress? What about a pale coloured 20s suit with matching jacket, which you sometimes come across?

Alas I have neither but I'll keep an eye out. And Arizona's not too hat friendly in the summer. We're having nasty weather in the 90s at the present moment and I heard we're breaking records here. :eek:
I don't think we're getting a spring this year.

Mojito

One Too Many
Exactly, Goldwyn Girl!

I think it's probably better to have the hat that needs a dress rather than vice versa...I know so often I've found a brilliant outfit and then just had so much trouble finding the ideal hat for it. The cloche can wait until that perfect suit comes up for you!

And a place to wear it...I know what you mean about some of those heavier weight, close fitting hats in warm weather.

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
I have found some great 20s items which have been a lot out of my price range. But that doesn't mean I'll quit lookin'!

Now...drumroll...

I've been waiting for these all day! My super duper photographer friend Jaclyn Smith took these. I figured what better way to show off some of my gorgeous dresses!

l_b10671e91b1167b9c498e50e0778e394.jpg

l_ff86eae99850e4f22b709a869cabc7a3.jpg

Here's a full length:
l_5e8f725e3cd4e6cd1bffb778828b81cb.jpg

I bought both of these dresses on ebay. The bottom one was my first 40s-50s dress!

Shearer

Practically Family
Pink Dahlia, I love love love those dresses! Okay, AND the hat, AND the suitcase :) Very cute.

PS - your bookcase looks like mine! Is that a Norton Anthology I spy? (Sorry, I'm always nosy about background details :eek: )

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Thank you! I've been dying to post those all day!

No you spy about five Norton Anthologies. :) A couple were text books in college and the others I bought myself.

Mojito

One Too Many
Very sassy and very cute - great pics! I love photos with some animation to them.

Another Norton Anthology fan here - although Norton's Poetry, my favourite, somehow migrated mysteriously to my sister's bookcase while I was living overseas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe