Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
Awwww... so adorable stuff!!! Now I badly wanna make a cape with fake leopard fur for me!!!

Cheesecake: What a stunning outfit!

Nicoletta: The 2nd dress is my favourite!

My latest purchases:

Several meters of that one (will make a beautifull suit)
87fc_1_b.JPG

This fabric for the tiki-dress pattern that I bought not too long ago:
1f62_1.JPG

I´m actually no big fan of buying fabric that I can´t see and touch myself, ut those were just a too good bargain...

A nice pair of gloves:
treasureshand41.jpg

And now I think I´ll take a shopping break until I see the outcome for MY auctions. lol

NicolettaRose

Practically Family
Cheesecakecutie said:
Nicoletta rose... i just love your dress and hat esemble...you english rose you...hiphip horray...what style
:eusa_clap

Thank you :) It's funny that you should say that, I am not any percent English, infact all of the countries that my ancestors are from( except for Sweden), Spain, France, Ireland, have traditionally been anti-english, yet I love England and, I actually lived in London for six monthes. It's weird, when I lived there, people thought I was a native and would always ask me for directions everywhere.

beaucaillou

A-List Customer
nicoletta, those are great! the first one for running about town and looking amazing while doing it, or for while relaxing with tea in the afternoon. and the second one is very becoming! it suits you! great finds.

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Besides the two dresses I got at the Santa Monica Vintage Expo (I'll take pictures of them soon -- they are gorgeous!), I recently bought these two books off of ebay:

Charm2.JPG
Charm.JPG

Family Circle's Complete Guide to Beauty & Charm (1951)

DSC02458.jpg

The American Woman's Cookbook (1942)

They both should be arriving today!

NicolettaRose

Practically Family
Did some more vintage shopping today at a local store. Had some very good finds:

Coral pink 1940's pink cashmere blazer with sparkly black deco buttons- $18
Peach satin late 1930's/early 1940's evening gown-Needs to be altered in length and taken in at the waist but for the price of $ 15 who cares?
( sorry my face is blurry)
IMG_0452.jpg

1930's housewifey dress- $18, very comfortable-- got this a few weeks ago,but need to post it anyway.
IMG_0443.jpg

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
I´m not in it for the 20s, but this one was a too great bargain, plus I will do a 20s shooting in March and need stuff for it anyway. ;) The collar is discoloured, but there is no lining so it will be a easy job to make a new collar and replace it with the old one if it won´t get out after washing:

bkrayct1.JPG

bkrayct2.JPG

It was only 8 $.

P

Paul

That really nice, it’s great to see something different from the normal 20’s beaded dresses , not that I got anything again then but there is so much more than the shorter flapper/stocking top image of flapper after all they were trying to look more boyish .
Is that knee length or below? So with you wear long socks or stockings, shoes could be a problem for that outfit!.
Great find Sari

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe