Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
CanadaDoll said:
And here Is my newest Little Black Dress!:D
IMG_0065.jpg

Check YOU out! :cool:

LD

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Aww, Thank you so much, NicolettaRose, Lady Day, and Kim B for your nice comments, I was so nervous putting these up, you all have been a total confidence boost for me!:)

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Woowoo Canadadoll, looking hot sister!

Ladystardust, those shoes are wonderful. Nice dress too!

Nicolettarose, that last blue floral dress is fantastic. I love the lace, you're right, fits you like a glove!

Nikki

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Thanks ohairas!

Lady Stardust I agree, those are adorable shoes
(Can I borrw 'em sometime?lol )

Nicoletta, you always have great dresses, they look so cute on you!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Dress clips. Im thinking of turning the matching pair into a sweater chain.

DSC00408.jpg

This sweater I found at the thrift store for $6. It needs a little repair, but has a VERY 40s fit.

DSC00407.jpg

I went on a fabric splurge yesterday.:eek:
DSC00412.jpg

From left to right: A great sheir black cotton for $2 a yard!, a pale blue polka dot cotton, a great olive green/brown hounds tooth wool, nice thick red cotton denim (Im gonna use it for a lining :D), great sheir black white polka dot, swing dress here I come!, a great brushed cotton herringbone mmmmm, and last a sick sick dark plad. Im gonna make a jacket out of this one!

Thanks ladies,

LD

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
I found this skirt at a thrift store a couple years ago. It's a fully hand painted circle skirt with metallic gold/silver/copper/green flowers on it. It was in with the larger sized skirts because the elastic in the waistband was shot. Quick trip to the fabric store fixed that for me.

Skirt = $2.98, elastic = $1.49, spin factor = priceless!

megsspinningresize.jpg

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Priceless indeed Babydoll, that is a gorgeous skirt!:D

Be sure to show us pics of the finished products Lady Day!:D I'm particularly liking the dress clips and the brown polka dot fabric, what cha gonna make out of it?:)

Mojito

One Too Many
CanadaDoll said:
Hey Mojito, here's the green one with out the mannequin, that you wanted to see!
That IS gorgeous! I'm so pleased it went to a good home.
And here Is my newest Little Black Dress!:D
And that is stunning as well! I love your taste. Looks like lovely soft velvet? The contrasting elaborate shoulder straps - different in texture, material and colour from the rest of the gown - work so beautifully with the long elegant lines of the dress.

So many fun, pretty items - from the ever-popular shoes to the wonderful swirly skirt, sweater and floral day dress.

Grace

Vendor
Me-ow, Canada Doll! I'm loving that black dress!!

Miss Bella-that leopard trim cape is DIVINE!!

I just finished altering my lime print halter dress, and another polished cotton dress. I'll get some pics up today!

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Mojito said:
. Looks like lovely soft velvet?

Yes indeed Mojito! it is described as Silk-velvet, and the shoulder straps are a lace applique on a neutral mesh net fabric

Miss Bella congrats on the fantastic cape! It'll look devastating on you, the leopard print is so fun!:D

Cheesecakecutie

Familiar Face
WELL miss Bell Hell what a fabulous cloak wow...this is my latest find the shoes to match my divine dress that hasn't had an outing yet (lack of suitable footwear).
picture169gz4.jpg
and i got them at a bargain price of $6 i am sure they are 1950's.....:p

NicolettaRose

Practically Family
Fabtabulous dress and ausome hat!!! You wear 50's quite well...I wish I did..

Here are some of my recent purcheses, and now would have to saynow two of my favorites in my collection:

Early 1920's dress, a guy had this listed on Ebay as 1960's lol I am love with the shear simplicity of this dress, kind of Chanelish, also kind of reminds of Wednesday Addams might wear if she ever became a flapper.

IMG_0408_1.jpg

1930's chiffon navy blue and white late 1930's dress. Black 1930's hat with gold trim and black feathers. This is now my favorite hat. Both bought at a local antique shop.
IMG_0427.jpg

IMG_0432.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe