Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

1finefeline

New in Town
Ah! That brush set is so beautiful. I'm a sucker for those sorts of things even though I don't really use combs! I have a nice set, but it's only the brush and the mirror. The design is more of a mixed floral...unfortunately the mirror is quite tarnished and spotted, but I still use it!

I Adore Film Noir

A-List Customer
'Tis the season!! I just bought a pink skirt off etsy, too! lol I did not, however, buy the shirt.

skirt.jpg

I think the skirt would look dreamy with a short sleeved pull over in the pink/coral colors.

Amie

One of the Regulars
Yay, three pairs of shoes! All never worn.

il_570xN.208988138.jpg

I'll need to reattach the bows, but I think they look fine without them too. Any suggestions for how to reattach them would be great.

il_570xN.208988148.jpg

Comfortable and practical is what I was looking for here. There is just a real tiny piece of leather on the toe part that is sort of dangling that could possibly be mended with crazy glue. Again, please advise if this would be okay method for repairing small damage.

il_570xN.208988151.jpg
Scuffs here and there that could probably be buffed out with polish. Some small cracking of the heels which I hope is common.

And I just purchased the Clinic Coquette, but had to return it because it was scratched in the front. Sad, because the shoes really are quite comfortable.

Gracie Lee

A-List Customer
Hi! Where were you able to find Clinic shoes? I have had absolutely zero luck and would love to find some after seeing all the great reviews around here. Thanks!

Amie

One of the Regulars
Gracie, I bought them at womensshoes.com, but had to get a refund because they sent me shoes that were pretty deeply scratched on the toe area. When I called about the problem the guy just advised me to use shoe polish and refused pay for the return shipping, even though the item was damaged.

Here's another site that sells them: http://www.supportplus.com/supportp...ic-Coquette-for-Women_FA3712G_ps_cti-1AD.html

Btw, I found the shoe to have great arch support.

One thing about sizing, I found them to run pretty true to size, but a bit narrow and I consider myself to have pretty narrow feet. I bought the Medium width, but next time if I purchase again, I may go with the wide. Btw, they come in 4 widths, so there are many options.

I Adore Film Noir

A-List Customer

il_570xN.208988138.jpg

I'll need to reattach the bows, but I think they look fine without them too. Any suggestions for how to reattach them would be great.

il_570xN.208988148.jpg

Comfortable and practical is what I was looking for here. There is just a real tiny piece of leather on the toe part that is sort of dangling that could possibly be mended with crazy glue. Again, please advise if this would be okay method for repairing small damage.

il_570xN.208988151.jpg
Scuffs here and there that could probably be buffed out with polish. Some small cracking of the heels which I hope is common.

And I just purchased the Clinic Coquette, but had to return it because it was scratched in the front. Sad, because the shoes really are quite comfortable.

First I'd try black velcro dots or a small cut square of black velcro.

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
Hi girls, I came straight here after I refreshed my ebay account and discovered that I HAD WON this amazing vintage dress in my size for $24.95!! yeah it's from the states so I also have to pay $14 for postage, but whatever, I feel like I have got such a bargain! I'm so excited! :) Especially as it's tricky to find real vintage pieces to fit a 42 inch bust!! yay.
It was listed as either 40s or 50s, but the skirt is A-line, so it looks more 40s to me, even though the fabric looks more 50s... what do you think?

104_0026.JPG=450

104_0028.JPG=450

Amie

One of the Regulars
Thanks Tups. These are actually my first set of vintage shoes so I had no idea what to expect. I may have to eventually try to sell the brown ones because they're a little tight on me, but the high heels fit surprisingly well, while the navy ones will require some breaking into. I was surprised how stiff they were, but I guess 70 or so years of disuse could result in a little stiffness.

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Hi girls, I came straight here after I refreshed my ebay account and discovered that I HAD WON this amazing vintage dress in my size for $24.95!! yeah it's from the states so I also have to pay $14 for postage, but whatever, I feel like I have got such a bargain! I'm so excited! :) Especially as it's tricky to find real vintage pieces to fit a 42 inch bust!! yay.
It was listed as either 40s or 50s, but the skirt is A-line, so it looks more 40s to me, even though the fabric looks more 50s... what do you think?

104_0026.JPG=450

104_0028.JPG=450

Your dress is lovely, and a steal!
X
BD

poggleberry

One of the Regulars

il_570xN.208988138.jpg

Love your shoes Amie, I would suggest sewing the bows onto some clip-on earring backs, that way you can wear them with or without the bows.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Gracie Lee and Lina Sofia - thank you so much ladies! I have a wedding in NYC in the Summer and wanted to get something that would be a bright colour and sleeveless but if it had a jacket for the church/ceremony and for later in the evening - even better!

I was on the lookout for a Cover Girl of Miami dress for ages after seeing one in Mad Men:

CoverGirlDress.jpg

CoverGirlDressjpg2.jpg

Last edited:

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
Gracie Lee and Lina Sofia - thank you so much ladies! I have a wedding in NYC in the Summer and wanted to get something that would be a bright colour and sleeveless but if it had a jacket for the church/ceremony and for later in the evening - even better!

I was on the lookout for a Cover Girl of Miami dress for ages after seeing one in Mad Men:

CoverGirlDress.jpg

CoverGirlDressjpg2.jpg

that is one gorgeous dress!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe