Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
I went in to H&M some days ago and nearly freaked out when I saw that thing. I had the exact same picture of Monroe in my head for some time now.

Just wanted to let anyone else who may have been admiring this know that there is a 1930's Jantzen polo sweater exactly like this on Etsy at the moment. (If only it were in my size...)

shazzabanazza

Practically Family
155396602_full.jpg
[/IMG]

Hi Gals

Ive been on the lookout for a 1950's suit for sometime now and this gem came up for sale on an NZ auction website. Guess who won the auction?? ME :D

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
When I saw Black Dahlia's ice skate brooch I fell head over heals (I better stay clear of this thread!). I had never seen one before, and since it's winter here forever, it felt like the perfect bling. Also, I have I thing for figure skating. E-bay has everything! I ended up with two ice skate brooches (I couldn't choose!), each one pretty in their own way:
skat-br.jpg

72_1294849525.jpg

Cricket

Practically Family
I simply adore this brooch I got a few weeks ago. It can serve as both a brooch and a necklace, which I am currently wearing it as today.

For some reason the green hidden at the bottom catches my eye. It makes the piece more beautiful to me. No clue why, but I love it.
blackandpearlbrooch.jpg
[/IMG]

W-D Forties

Practically Family
some stuff I bought while traveling around christmas time
ed050fe2.jpg

handkerchief, powder compact, pill box
094affdc.jpg

1930s-ish(?) hat. I took the picture before I cleaned it.

Do you know the era of the compact, is it 50's? I have seen that design before and never was sure, are 40's compacts generally smaller?

Drappa

One Too Many
Drappa - I love the basket compact - I have never seen one like it before.

They come up on Ebay quite often, there's another one ending today. The company is called Kigu snd they have other ones that are really cute, but way out of my price range. I also love Pygmalion ones. Have you seen the Flying Saucer compacts or the piano ones?

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
They come up on Ebay quite often, there's another one ending today. The company is called Kigu snd they have other ones that are really cute, but way out of my price range. I also love Pygmalion ones. Have you seen the Flying Saucer compacts or the piano ones?

No, I haven't seen them but they sound amazing - must have a look on Ebay - you have my curiosity piqued!

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
When I saw Black Dahlia's ice skate brooch I fell head over heals (I better stay clear of this thread!). I had never seen one before, and since it's winter here forever, it felt like the perfect bling. Also, I have I thing for figure skating. E-bay has everything! I ended up with two ice skate brooches (I couldn't choose!), each one pretty in their own way:
skat-br.jpg

72_1294849525.jpg

Cherry Lips,
Your discoveries are adorable! So glad you found some online. ;0 I haven't worn mine yet.
X
BD

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
This pretty skirt from Etsy:

Stripedskirt.jpg

I also went ahead and got the cardigan too - such a nice match it would have been a shame not to get it!

That is a beautiful outfit. It is very very pink and reminds me of spring! (I need reminding of spring- we have 3 feet of snow on the ground and are about to get another foot today!) I agree with you about buying the cardigan. I always hate when I buy something and then I can't find something to match!

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
That is a beautiful outfit. It is very very pink and reminds me of spring! (I need reminding of spring- we have 3 feet of snow on the ground and are about to get another foot today!) I agree with you about buying the cardigan. I always hate when I buy something and then I can't find something to match!

Thank you Sheeplady! The colours are so cheering aren't they? I just love going into the shops now and seeing all the new Spring/Summer collections - all the bright colours and swimwear - makes me feel that Summer is on the way!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe