Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

poggleberry

One of the Regulars
Bought over the weekend from a Vintage clothing shop in my city, Chester.
These shoes originally came from a shop in Chester or Liverpool called J.Collinson & Co. They fit beautifully and cost me the small sum of £25.00.
I need a hand dating these, think they're 30's, what do you think? would love to know.

1940sshoes.jpg

1940sshoeslabel.jpg

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
poggleberry said:
Bought over the weekend from a Vintage clothing shop in my city, Chester.
These shoes originally came from a shop in Chester or Liverpool called J.Collinson & Co. They fit beautifully and cost me the small sum of £25.00.
I need a hand dating these, think they're 30's, what do you think? would love to know.

1940sshoes.jpg

1940sshoeslabel.jpg

OMG, those are fantastic! swoon, I'm in love!

SugarKitten

One of the Regulars
Wow, poggleberry those are fab shoes!

I went back to Goodwill and struck gold. I finally found a bonnet drier. It must have just gotten there, because even the box just has a touch of wear and tear! No price so I had to part with it long enough for them to take it to the back. I got it for 6.99!

Iphone060.jpg

Iphone061.jpg

Iphone062.jpg

Iphone063.jpg

Iphone059.jpg

Now I just need to figure out how to make a set work with my hair this length, and this baby will have an excellent second life. I just love that it has a belt and I'm supposed to dry my hair while I chat on the phone!

poggleberry

One of the Regulars
Thanks Lady Day, Kamikat, Shirin, Sugarkitten & Miss Sis for all your comments, it means a lot. They were the first thing I saw as I went into the shop, couldn't believe my luck.
Sugarkitten love your bonnet dryer, I stupidly passed one up on the carboot sale last Sunday, forgot to go back and bargain for it.
Lusti Weather I love the colour of your shorts, very vibrant, you need great legs to pull them off.
Lady Day Yes I too love your new Avatar, those flowers must have taken you hours to make.

Shirin

A-List Customer
Lusti Weather said:
SugarKitten, that pink dryer is so awesome!

I normally don't wear shorts, but these were too cute for me to pass up:

Wow, I wish I had the legs for these! Those are hot.
So I went yardsale-ing last weekend I found these nice deco-repro bookends. The pair was only $1.50. I think they're cast iron, they're so heavy.
4528121463_4f51279fc2.jpg

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
December said:
That pink dress is a dream!

December and Lady Day - thank you!

Lady Day - fabulous new avatar!

Got these on Etsy - a lovely camel coat:
CamelCoat.jpg

I have a Hen Party to go to next month and we all have to wear hats so I thought this leopard print fascinator was quite dinky:

Fascinatorjpg2.jpg

Gracie Lee

A-List Customer
No pics at the moment (Violet, my manequin, is busy), but I stumbled into the Gap (oh, the shame!) over the weekend and picked up two cardigans. Can you believe they have cotton cashmere blend cardis on sale for $12.99!!! I couldn't resist! They're very plain and classic looking, I love them!

Kate O Potato

A-List Customer
Not technically a purchase as I've not paid for it yet, but I've just placed an order for one of these from the V&A museum:

56770-large.jpg

The photo is the original, and the repro dress has light turquoise where the brown is. It's still gorgeous!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe