Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thank you! Now that I look at it, I'd say the color looks like a camel hair jacket my granmere made my dad. But a little brighter and more mustardy. :eek:
Everyone's purchases are so lovely. Mojito, you look beautiful in your latest finds, and that cabinet (also in another thread), mwah.
Ashley

Goldfish

A-List Customer
Won a dress on ebay. I am a newbie to vintage fashion, where does it fit in? new look? 40s? aaaah how do I know?
Shame on me for buying a dress without knowing which era it is!!

It's Meg Madison New York and polyester knit, which might not be the nicest wearing, but we will see when it's here....

33upw1j.jpg

ehappy

Familiar Face
Goldfish said:
Won a dress on ebay. I am a newbie to vintage fashion, where does it fit in? new look? 40s? aaaah how do I know?
Shame on me for buying a dress without knowing which era it is!!

It's Meg Madison New York and polyester knit, which might not be the nicest wearing, but we will see when it's here....

33upw1j.jpg

Hi, Goldfish! Although it's red & cute, I'm thinking it's from the 70's. Polyester knit almost literally defined late 60's to 70's...it was everywhere!

So, although not 40's or new look, it's cute and love the color!

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
goldfish,

as ehappy said, it's def not 40s. but who cares, it's a cute dress and i'm sure you'll be able to dress it up with accessories/hairdos! one of my favorite skirts is double-knit polyester and another is a linen-look polyester, and when i wear them with the right stuff they become part of my 40s look :)

Goldfish

A-List Customer
Thank you! Yeah, I have searched online and all the Meg Madison clothes are from the 70s. The seller listed it as 40s/60s lol
Oh well... I think it lookes quite classic though and knowing the measurments it should fit me perfectly.

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Mojito, what a stunning dress! That's a real treasure, and it suits you perfectly!
Goldfish, cute dress, I'm sure you'll have tons of fun wearing it! :)
As for me, I got this about a week ago, pretty happy, since I've been wanting a pair of 40's pajamas for the longest time. These are new old stock:

img3431001qr5.jpg

epr25

Practically Family
I would wear this as a summer outfit. Very cute!

LadyStardust said:
Mojito, what a stunning dress! That's a real treasure, and it suits you perfectly!
Goldfish, cute dress, I'm sure you'll have tons of fun wearing it! :)
As for me, I got this about a week ago, pretty happy, since I've been wanting a pair of 40's pajamas for the longest time. These are new old stock:

img3431001qr5.jpg

epr25

Practically Family
I went on sort of a mini spree lately. All said and done everything was under $100 so I didn't think that was to bad. Now I hope everything fits. Especially the jeans.

black.jpg
[/IMG]

saddleshoes.jpg
[/IMG]

red-1.jpg
[/IMG]

jeans.jpg
[/IMG]

mrswheats

One of the Regulars
I just ordered these:

152235_nat_w.jpg

152600_kha_w.jpg

I've been looking everywhere for simple, white wedges (because I can't wait for spring to get here), and a trench with interesting details that didn't cost a ridiculous amount of money. I can't wait!

Real Swell Gal

One of the Regulars
epr25 said:
Thanks I was very happy. Now I can't buy anything! Or at least that's what I have to keep telling myself.
Sure you can. Just do what I do.
Stick it in the back of the closet and then when you do pull it out and hubby questions you,you look at him all innocent like and say you got it weeks and weeks ago (or even last season) on clearance.

Works every time.

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Real Swell Gal said:
Sure you can. Just do what I do.
Stick it in the back of the closet and then when you do pull it out and hubby questions you,you look at him all innocent like and say you got it weeks and weeks ago (or even last season) on clearance.

Works every time.
lol lol lol I totally do that too!!! Except the funny part is sometimes there are things I really haven't worn in awhile and he thinks they are brand new!

ricki

Familiar Face
epr25 said:
I went on sort of a mini spree lately. All said and done everything was under $100 so I didn't think that was to bad. Now I hope everything fits. Especially the jeans...
Nice purchases epr25. I hope you like the red sailor shirt. I was the seller. It was hard to give it up, but I can't move all my vintage so I've had to lighten up. I love the jeans and the saddle shoes too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe