Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Vintage Betty--that coat! I am so putting that on my "items to copy" list, I adore the back and the color, so pretty!

Trickeration--great car!

ShortClara

One Too Many
What an amazing car! I agree, the color is to die for!

VintageBetty, OY what an amazing coat!!

I was in Vanity Fair heaven yesterday, rescuing 5 amazing nighties from the GoodWill :) PLUS a vintage embroidered and rhinestone 50s cardigan. *sigh* I was in a vintage haze! You know, when you just stand in the shop and let it guide you? All the things I found were sort of in the wrong place - just hanging there in the front saying "Find me and love me!". My hubby doesn't really like the vintage lingerie, but I'm gonna try to see if he likes any of it. What he doesn't like will go on the 'bay. WOOT!

Kim_B

Practically Family
ShortClara said:
What an amazing car! I agree, the color is to die for!

VintageBetty, OY what an amazing coat!!

I was in Vanity Fair heaven yesterday, rescuing 5 amazing nighties from the GoodWill :) PLUS a vintage embroidered and rhinestone 50s cardigan. *sigh* I was in a vintage haze! You know, when you just stand in the shop and let it guide you? All the things I found were sort of in the wrong place - just hanging there in the front saying "Find me and love me!". My hubby doesn't really like the vintage lingerie, but I'm gonna try to see if he likes any of it. What he doesn't like will go on the 'bay. WOOT!

I am so terrible at identifying anything vintage that isn't from the 70's or 80's...it kills me to think of all the wonderful things I could be passing by!

katylouise

New in Town
helppppppp! :)

Ok ladies I need some advice!
I have a wedding to attend in a few weeks and I'm going with a friend who is a Navy Recruiter. He's wearing his dress uniform (which is so vintage-y I love it, hurray for the Navy!) and asked me if I wanted to dress vintage....which is obviously, YESSSSS any excuse :))

The wedding itself is very casual, on a boat in Galveston Bay. I have lots of pretty more formal vintage dresses but nothing that's in between casual and formal! So I'm kind of at a loss. I just won this blouse on ebay a few days ago:

eyelet40s.jpg

So my question is, can you lovely ladies help me dress this up enough to wear to a casual Indian Summer wedding? It's still very very warm in Southeast Texas so I thought this blouse would be appropriate. Now, what style skirt would you recommend? A-line? Full? Pencil? I'm at a loss!

I'm going to do my hair with rolls and was wondering if a hat might be too much with this? Oooh, any help you lovelies can give me would be much much appreciated! :D

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
What a pretty blouse--is it eyelet? I'm assuming your gentleman friend will be in dress blues (it is the Navy after all!). Maybe a navy blue pleated skirt, gloves, a hat with a blue ribbon (if you have one?) and a nice pair of platform shoes?

satindoll

New in Town
Hi Girls
I'm new here. This is only my second post. Just want to say, CherryRed, that dress is sooo cute and I absolutely love that blue sweater. Very different.

KatyLouise, your eyelet blouse is adorable and I'm picturing it with one of those 40s type gored skirts that are tighter through the hip then flare out toward the knees to give it some flounce. Definitely agree on the platforms!

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Josephine said:
Vintage Betty, that coat is to die for! Such a lovely color and the waist... I'm sure it will be very happy living with all your other coats. ;)

Thanks ladies! If anyone wants more pics for patterns, let me know. And Josephine, I haven't grown in height since 6th grade - I only have grown in width! lol So most of my jackets fit me one time or another.

CherryRed - I love that blue sweater!

katyLouise - Have you considered running some ribbon through that lovely shirt to match your skirt?

Trickeration - Your car is lovely! Looking forward to seeing pics of you driving it.

Every time I view this thread, I am amazed at the wonderful items everyone finds. Great job ladies! :eusa_clap

VB

Josephine

One Too Many
RetroModelSari said:
All together 5,48 $ including shipping!!!

5b3c_1.JPG

ACK! That's the dress type I'm looking for! I want a 50's style dress with the full skirt but the top has to have a lowish neck! Not straight across or a little dip like so many I see that Butterick, McCalls, etc have.

pattygoody

New in Town
Josephine said:
I got a coat off the bay tonight, one strong reason for this one was that the sleeves were long enough. I have a hard time with sweater, coat, etc sleeves being too short because I'm tall. :) I might swap out the buttons though.

coat1.gif
coat1tag.gif

Lovely!!!! And cashmere! Swoony!!!! :eusa_clap

pattygoody

New in Town
Vintage Betty said:
I rarely go into this vintage shop, because it's picked over so much. But look what I found on my visit last week! The wool coat is in perfect condition and was $5!! The only thing I love more than the coat, is me wearing it! :rolleyes: Everything except for the tablecloth with teapots was less than $5 each. Happy happy me.

Vintage Betty

Gorgeous coat! Whomever Jill Jr. was, she did some fabulous coats! LOL I love it!

pattygoody

New in Town
cassylynn said:
pattygoody - You sparked some interest when I saw your sweater so I did a quick search on Park Storyk. I didn't find much except that they were located in New York in the 1950's. Couldn't find anything about Jill Jr Fashions ;) You are so lucky to have such a thrift store near you, I have no such luck when I visit mine in town and I frequent them a lot - nearly every week. It gives for a nice walk at lunch time lol

Cassylynn, I usually hit my local Goodwill at least once a week! I was in there yesterday and found a fabulous cardigan with beads and grabbed it! It's a little large for me, but I'll throw it over other things! I can't pass up a beaded cardigan EVER!!! LOL

pattygoody

New in Town
Trickeration said:
Daisy Buchanan- I was watching those, too, but bid on a blue crepe dress instead. I'm glad you won them. You'll look lovely in them, I'm sure, and the dresses will have a loving new home.:)

Vintage Betty - The coat is gorgeous!

Here's our latest purchase. We got it on ebay (the pic is from the listing) from a guy just a few miles away. He'll be dropping it off around noon tomorrow.

It's a 1949 Plymouth Club Coupe. It's going to need a partial engine rebuild and some interior work, so it's somewhat of a restoration project. But That's something we're pretty good with that kind of thing. The body is nice and straight. We plan to make it a daily driver and our daughter will likely buy it from us next year.
56af1gj7.jpg

Your new car is stunning! Is that the original paint color?? It's gorgeous! Lucky, lucky you!

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Kim_B said:
I am so terrible at identifying anything vintage that isn't from the 70's or 80's...it kills me to think of all the wonderful things I could be passing by!

I think most people here would agree...it's not the era that matters, or even the identification, but how much you enjoy the item you find.

Enjoy the hunt-

VB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe