Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

cassylynn

One of the Regulars
Here are my latest purchases, I'm waiting for the coat to arrive but I've already worn everything else :D

brownbuckleshoe2.jpg
vs519.jpg
vs517.jpg
vc775.jpg

pattygoody

New in Town

cassylynn

One of the Regulars
Thank you pattygoody for the comment about my hair, I almost got to the point of frustration that I was going to give up but "Where there's a will theres a way" :eek:fftopic: Anyways, I was looking at those same dresses.....not in my budget either!!!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
KatyLouise--What a color that dress is--scrumptious! Beading is the icing on the cake

CassyLynn--You'll be cozy in that coat this winter, beautiful stuff

Lauren--I love the jacket pattern, some of my favorite patterns are from the New York Pattern company

Rockapin-up

A-List Customer
katylouise said:
Sorry for the disjointed pictures, I'm not too handy with the self-timer. But here is my gorgeous hand-made dress I found for $5 (!!) at a thrift store. The beading needs a bit of loving restoration, but it's the most beautiful flame color and it is otherwise in exquisite condition. And it fits me like a glove!

clothes7.jpg

clothes8.jpg

clothes10.jpg

:D

Oh katylouise what a wonderful price for such a beautiful dress. Good find :)

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
cassyln you made some great deals!!! My fave is that beige (?) skirt. I love it!

Josephine, that´s a cute hat!

katylouise I can´t believe you just paid 5$ for it! It surely looks priceless!

Lauren I love those patterns! I´m tempted to go and browse ebay, but I actually wanna make the ones I already have before buying some more... what a dilemma!

pattygoody

New in Town
I frequent a thrift store near me called America's Thrift and I have found some excellent deals there, including an Armania Collezioni jacket for less than 2 bucks! LOL However, I wanted to show off a couple other little old things I found at America's Thrift and Goodwill.
730631.JPG

759079.JPG

The beaded sweater is a Park Storyk and I found this at America's Thrift. I was stunned to seeing it hanging all by it's lonesome and it cost me 1.78. It's in mint condition and there are no seeds or sequins missing, no odor, no holes! I should really take a better picture of the beadwork closeup.

The Fashioned By Jill Jr. coat I just found at my Goodwill the other day for 4 dollars and change. I believe it's a 70's style? Does anyone here know of any info on this Jill Jr. company? I can't find anything on the Internet.

I frequent my thrift stores as often as I can and have found so many goodies, including a mint condition Saga silver fox coat for 20.00 and I have seen it sell for over 300.00 on the net!

I wanted to put up the two items I did in case anyone has any further info on Park Storyk or Fashioned By Jill Jr. I like to know as much as I can about my treasures! And can anyone date these 2 items to specific time periods? I'm guessing the sweater is 50's or 60's?

Thanks for reading!

Josephine

One Too Many
pattygoody, great finds! I need to head out to the thrift store for a coat. I have a pattern, and I have a cape I need everyone's opinion on, but if I can pick up a coat inexpensive until I get my act together that would be great.

By the way, over in the Luggage thread, check out the luggage I picked up with the hat! :D

pattygoody

New in Town
Josephine said:
pattygoody, great finds! I need to head out to the thrift store for a coat. I have a pattern, and I have a cape I need everyone's opinion on, but if I can pick up a coat inexpensive until I get my act together that would be great.

By the way, over in the Luggage thread, check out the luggage I picked up with the hat! :D

Josephine, it seems even the thrift stores are stocked up in coats! LOL I saw so many fabulous things yesterday! Happy hunting!;)

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
PattyGoody-
We must be shopping sisters in spirit!
I just purchased a Jill Jr coat for $5 at a thrift store!
I'll try to take a picture of it next week.
I was so proud of myself for the purchase price...and than I read your post that you beat me in price. Way to go!

Vintage Betty

pattygoody

New in Town
Vintage Betty said:
PattyGoody-
We must be shopping sisters in spirit!
I just purchased a Jill Jr coat for $5 at a thrift store!
I'll try to take a picture of it next week.
I was so proud of myself for the purchase price...and than I read your post that you beat me in price. Way to go!

Vintage Betty

Yes, shopping sisters in spirit! I like that! I haven't the foggiest idea who Jill Jr. is/was, but, dang, I sure do love my garment worker label in there, 100% pure wool and MADE IN THE USA!!! That's a rare find these days!

I can't wait to see your great find!

cassylynn

One of the Regulars
pattygoody - You sparked some interest when I saw your sweater so I did a quick search on Park Storyk. I didn't find much except that they were located in New York in the 1950's. Couldn't find anything about Jill Jr Fashions ;) You are so lucky to have such a thrift store near you, I have no such luck when I visit mine in town and I frequent them a lot - nearly every week. It gives for a nice walk at lunch time lol

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Pretty fan, LD!

PattyGoody, I'm drooling over that gorgeous sweater! What a steal! The coat is lovely too but I'm a sucker for beading.

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Lady Day I am so jealous!!
That fan is too neat, in shape and the handles! And I have a thing for pencil sharpeners...something about school supplies, they're like an addiction! ANyhow, this one reminds me of when we were hous hunting in Montana, and nearly every house had a pencil shapener attached to the wall in the basement. It was very cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe