Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

hotrod_elf

A-List Customer
Ellie said:
hotrod_elf- I love the glasses. Did you find those on ebay?

Yes I did. 14.99 to my door. The brass pieces have little ridges like eyebrows. They are little different shape to them, they don't rap around the back of your ear, they are straight. Pretty comfy

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
100_2188.jpg

These were all in a grab-bag for $2!

That's a great selection, I was wondering if you have a "Duette" (it looks like it might be one to me) there in the middle with the clear rhinestones? If so, they are very collectable.
Well done!

Sweet Leilani

A-List Customer
What is a "Duette"? It does have a little clippy thing on each side of the back, where it comes apart into two separate little pins (tho I don't know how you would attach them...) Does that sound right?

Sweet Leilani

A-List Customer
Here's a pic of the back:
100_2199.jpg

After doing a little research, it appears to be the same type of thing, but I don't know if it's a Coro. It's missing a couple of rhinestones, but I guess I'd get my $2 out of it if I put it up for sale...:D

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
goldwyn girl said:
This pattern arrived yesterday. I was thinking of making it up in red like the "Babies of the Blitz" number from "Mrs Henderson Presents"

37c6_1.jpg

I have been trying to make that dress for weeks now...I have always loved that one! I bought it when it came out a few years ago. I even have the fabric-a slinky rayon!
Now, of course, my dilemma is to figure out which one of my new babies to make first. I am very partial to the one with the big bow on the front-it's just so silly it BEGS to be made!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
A couple things I picked up this weekend.... First, a lovely pair of earrings, that wrap about half way up the ear

rhinestoneearrings.jpg

And next, a book titled "The American Woman's Encyclopedia of Home Decorating", with a copyright of 1948! Look at the gorgeous embossed cover! A steal at $6.
decoratingencyclopedia.jpg

Some of the content in this book is amazing, as are the photos. Here is the first photo, just inside the cover. It is their depiction of an 18th Century Colonial livingroom.
decoratingpages.jpg

There was also a Boy Scouts Den Master's handbook from 1951 and a book of rude and bawdy songs dated 1935. I may have to go back to grab them :)

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
RedHotRidinHood, I had been trying to track that pattern down for ages because silly me did'nt get it when it first came out. I know what you mean so many patterns and you want to make them all up at once. Let me know if you get it made up soon and how it looks as I have two projects I must get done before i get to it.

timorous me, your dresses are fabulous.

KittyT, love your earrings and what a great book.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I also found this amazing train case for $15!!!! This is one of the most exciting and interesting things ever, so this post is being cross-posted in the Display Case as well.

traincase.jpg

Clockwise, starting with the green stuff in the upper right corner: Velvet Glove Hand Cream (mostly full), Cream Revenescence, For You Elizabeth Arden Perfume (note the small container of dental floss under the perfume bottle), Powder (mostly full), Dry Skin Cleanser (full), unmarked bottle, Skin Freshener. Most items are Charles of the Ritz brand.
traincaseinside.jpg

Upon lifting up the black piece in the center, I found some true goodies - makeup! Powder, Charles of the Ritz black eyeliner, and cake mascara!
makeup.jpg

Eyeliner, mascara, and 2 lovely plastic containers...
makeup2.jpg

One says Red Pencil on the bottom and contains a tiny powder puff. The other appears to be a cream eyeshadow, basically untouched, and the color marked on the bottom is Blue Lagoon. I tested it on my finger and it's very thick and greasy and the pigment did not want to deposit on my skin.
makeup3.jpg

The very bottom of the train case is an empty container of Beautifying Face Cream, a half container of some honey-based moisturizer, an unopened blue cardboard tube containing gauze (I had to open it to find out), a bunch of old hairpins...
traincasebottom.jpg

...and an old container of Paregoric (Tincture Opium Camphorated), with some left in the bottom. The bottle says things on it like "A mild anodyne and intestinal sedative", "May be Habit Forming" and "1 tsp contains 22mg opium".
paregoric.jpg

Also, a bottle from the Milton Hill Pharmacy in Milton, MA. Contains a tiny amount of unknown liquid that smells oddly like the Paregoric and has instructions of "take every 4 hours for pain".
prescription.jpg

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
goldwyn girl said:
KittyT, What a FABULOUS find that train case is. I could spend hours just looking at everything in there. Are you going to display it ? Was it an antique mall find ?

I'm sorry, Photobucket is sucking right now. Those posts are supposed to have photos. Lots of them! It'll be on display in my room :)

Kim_B

Practically Family
The medications are what I find most interesting...it just makes you wonder what they lady was like who owned these things, and what ailments she had! How exciting!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gareth