Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases....GUYS !

theinterchange

One Too Many
Today, I stopped by the main Goodwill in town. It's one of those places you don't go out of your way for, as they usually have some of the worst condition items in any thrift shop I've chanced to encounter, but I was passing by and had the time.

I found two shirts, one Van Heusen "custom" that ended looking like a gorilla wore it, and a Sears Carriage Club.

Also found a pretty nice pair of Johnston & Murphy shoes. I took a photo of them just after disinfecting them, so that grungy look inside is actually just tea tree oil ;)

IMG_0443.jpg

Not exactly vintage, but I liked the look and the price was right.

Randy

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
theinterchange said:
Today, I stopped by the main Goodwill in town. It's one of those places you don't go out of your way for, as they usually have some of the worst condition items in any thrift shop I've chanced to encounter, but I was passing by and had the time.

I found two shirts, one Van Heusen "custom" that ended looking like a gorilla wore it, and a Sears Carriage Club.

Also found a pretty nice pair of Johnston & Murphy shoes. I took a photo of them just after disinfecting them, so that grungy look inside is actually just tea tree oil ;)

IMG_0443.jpg

Not exactly vintage, but I liked the look and the price was right.

Randy

Nice shoes. Tea Tree Oil? Should I try that? Please tell us what you do with it, exactly.

theinterchange

One Too Many
Doran said:
Nice shoes. Tea Tree Oil? Should I try that? Please tell us what you do with it, exactly.

Someone [can't remember who] in the "Show us your shoes" thread answered my question about de-germing used shoes. They use tea tree oil as a disinfectant on shoes. Wipe the insides with an impregnated rag and then let dry. I also bought some athlete's foot spray for extra measure.

Tea tree is from Australia, and I've long used it as an antiseptic on minor cuts, abrasions, and when I was a teen, acne.

Randy

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Marc Chevalier said:
From around 1967. After the success of the movie Bonnie and Clyde, late '60s menswear fashions briefly imitated the 1930s.

Thanks Marc!

Now could you tell me about the Union Tag? (The one in this jacket is upside down so it's a weird example.)

Here's the question:
I was recently instructed that when there is no Regitered Trademark symbol ("R" in a circle) in lower left of tag that means the garment is from before 1959. Since being told that, I know I've seen newer garments with tags both ways. [huh] [huh]

DSC_0036.jpg

mattfink

Practically Family
theinterchange said:
I like the bag for the "sleeping robe" then the military pack on the right. It sort of reminds me of a MKVII, but is a bit different.

Randy

50's BSA for sure....anyone identify the garment bag? Definitely military and has bell shaped zipper pulls. Could be Korean War era?

stevechasmar

New in Town
Art Nouveau Opium Poppy Cuff Links

These were an ebay find last year. The cuff links are American made and date to around 1900. I have no idea what the gold content is, but the metal is rather soft. I will wear them with the linen suit I had made in Bangkok a couple years back...

cufflinks.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philheaton