Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

ShortClara

One Too Many
kamikat, I think it's crazy adorable! Veeery cute on you. And with your glasses? SHUT UP! :D

As for bangs, before I but mine I got a cheap wig with bangs and wore it a few times to really see if they suited me before committing.

LadyDeWinter

A-List Customer
kamikat said:
Here's my first vintage do pic in a long time. I really regret cutting it. No matter what I do, I'm not happy with the vintage do's. This is a wet set, dried under a bonnet dryer at work (it was a slow day). While it gives a pretty decent 50's look, it makes my round face look even rounder. I guess I'll just keep waiting until it grows out. Would the short, straight (not betty) bangs look better?
1544429831_fedadc48d3.jpg

Kamikat, you look sweet and the glasses suit you very well.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
1544429831_fedadc48d3.jpg

I love those glasses!

I think your hair looks adorable but I feel your pain about regretting losing the length. If you're conflicted about having cut your hair I'd advise against getting bangs. In my experience, bang remorse is even worse than length remorse!

ValerieAmelia

Familiar Face
Nashoba said:
One of our gentlemen friends who wishes to remain anonymous suggested I share this link. It's an article on the ad campaign that Christina Aguilera is doing for her new perfume....he said the picture shown in the article was really 'great hair'. It actually does look pretty nice.

http://www.nowmagazine.co.uk/celeb_...ps_off_for_new_perfume_ad_article_148504.html

I don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet, but that's actually a wax figure of Christina Aguilera...weird but true.

Regardless, I do love her hair.

Josephine

One Too Many
wannabe40sgirl said:
Hey gals!! I just wanted to share with you all our night at the mystery dinner!! It was my first time getting my hair done 40's style!! It was such an incredible evening, we had such a great time!! My boyfriend even won the costume contest!! hehe They had never had anyone dress up in a WWII officer uniform!! Anyways, just wanted to let ya'll see what we looked like!!

You both look great! Nice job. :eusa_clap

leaette

A-List Customer
My sister got married on Oct 6. I had the hairdresser do a "betty boop" kinda style. Unfortunately, this is the best pic of my hair. I wish I took a better detailed one. I got an awesome aura borealis hair barrette from the 50s from an antique store that matched my dress so I was excited to use it.
We just ate our salads at this point so ignore my "not perfect" lipstick. And I was twisting to take the picture so ignore my dress, it was twisted.

The necklace is a flea market find for $1! and it's in perfect shape. I wore it on my wedding day too.

See the curl above my ear, my whole head was like that. It looked really cute. 37 bobby pins at the end of the day!

conrad001.jpg

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Wannbe40s girl, you and your husband look great! The curls came out so nice and that red dress is hot!

Leatte, I just love your little boop-oop-a-doop hair! You are reminding me of someone in a movie and for the life of me I can't remember who... hmmm..

leaette

A-List Customer
Red: oh wow! noone has ever said I look like a movie star! even though you can't remember, you still made my day! but if you can remember, I'd love to know! as long as it's not Rin-tin-tin! hahah

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Leatte, I remembered! I was watching Rumblefish the other night, and I couldn't remember where I had seen this girl before, but I looked her up in IMDB.com (my fave site!) and she was also in Mommie Dearest. Her name is Diana Scarwid. If you are a LOST fan, you may have seen here in there too...

Something about your eyes and your smile...:D

leaette

A-List Customer
hmmm...i am a Lost fan, don't remember her on it though. I looked at that site. I'm HORRIBLE at guessing who people look like, so I don't see it, but that doesn't mean anything.
A baby could look EXACTLY like one of it's parents and I wouldn't see it. hahah.

lyburnum

Practically Family
img6698tu1.jpg
img6746kx6.jpg

That was an attempt I did at (semi successful) Lauren Bacall hair a little while ago. I'm currently trying out a page boy set so I shall see how that comes out tomorrow morning. I haven't done one in ages, and my hair's grown a lot since last time :confused:

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Rockapin-up said:
I love it, the desert heat doen't seem to affect you at all.

It was the end of the day and not too hot. The sun was setting so we had to make it quick!

Scarey thing happened though... in the middle of nowhere and we were about to leave when my poor car wouldn't start! Ey! Thank goodness after about 10 mins, it finally started up! phew!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe