Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Antje

One Too Many
~*Red*~ said:
bwnewdo.jpg

My new do after using these rag roller things called S'poodles. I LOVE THEM. You don't even notice them when you sleep, and they fold and stick.. like that gauze stuff they put on casts.. or when they wrap you... I don't know how to explain it. But I highly recommend then. They are made by Goody. And they are not the kind you stick a pin in.

Oh my,
really great look, love it,
and jitterbug jenny love your do also

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Kitty-Thanks!Yes,that's me and it is a wig provided by the photographer.I find the best wigs at wig shops that cater to the Drag crowd. Even the synthetic ones are looking more realistic.

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Thanks Ladies! I was very pleased with the result. I used the Spoodels when my hair wasbarely damp, mostly dry, and I put a little motions lotion on the hair at the back of the neck. Then slept in them. Yesterday, I kept the curls for the morning, and then put my hair in pigtails for the afternoon. When I took out the pigtails, It had settled the curls a bit (intended) and made a nice page boy for the evening. I wished I had a place to go. hee hee!

PennyCarrol, my hair was soft when I took out the curlers, but it tends to want to frizz whenever I sleep in any kind of curler. So I always always use Royal Crown after I take out my curlers and brush them out. It really helps!

Josephine

One Too Many
pennycarrol said:
Sorry Miss Red, but what is Royal Crown?? I don't understand lol lol lol lol!!!!! Is it a cream??? Ah, really sorry about that lol!!

It's a whisky. When she drinks enough of it she doesn't care what her curls look like.

Oh wait, that's Crown Royal... lol :p ;)

pennyseranade

One of the Regulars
~*Red*~ said:
PennyCarrol, my hair was soft when I took out the curlers, but it tends to want to frizz whenever I sleep in any kind of curler. So I always always use Royal Crown after I take out my curlers and brush them out. It really helps!

Red, I will have to try this. I never would've thought to try this. I would think that Royal Crown would weigh my hair down too much. Thanks for the tip.

~*Red*~

Practically Family
pennycarrol said:
Sorry Miss Red, but what is Royal Crown?? I don't understand lol lol lol lol!!!!! Is it a cream??? Ah, really sorry about that lol!!
No problem! here is a picture of the can...;) and yes, it's just as PennySerenade said.. it's a type of pomade...but lighter. I only use a little bit!
RCHD.jpg

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Josephine said:
It's a whisky. When she drinks enough of it she doesn't care what her curls look like.

Oh wait, that's Crown Royal... lol :p ;)

HA HA HA HA HA!!!lol lol So true! (just kidding.. hee hee!;) ):D

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
~*Red*~ said:
bwnewdo.jpg

My new do after using these rag roller things called S'poodles. I LOVE THEM. You don't even notice them when you sleep, and they fold and stick.. like that gauze stuff they put on casts.. or when they wrap you... I don't know how to explain it. But I highly recommend then. They are made by Goody. And they are not the kind you stick a pin in.

Your hair is beautiful. Can you post a picture of the rollers?

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Thanks Fleur!

Sure thing Diva! Here they are.. a bit squished from the last time I used them
I have to use 2 packs on my head.

100_4353.jpg

Miss Brill

One Too Many
Last night I cut my bangs with manicure scissors. They are straight across and just a smidge above my brows. I don't know why I did it. I always regret it. I don't look like Bettie Page. I don't look like Audrey Tautou. I look like Ramona Quimby. :(

ramona.gif

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Miss Brill said:
Last night I cut my bangs with manicure scissors. They are straight across and just a smidge above my brows. I don't know why I did it. I always regret it. I don't look like Bettie Page. I don't look like Audrey Tautou. I look like Ramona Quimby. :(

ramona.gif

aww, that's so sad!:( but a little bit funny because you said Ramona Quimby ;)

Maybe you could try to round up the sides? "U" it so to speak.

And if it is really bad and you can't stand it, take those little scissors and cut vertically into the bottom edge... just a little and that should soften the line some.

And if you still can't stand it, curl it with a fat iron and sweep to the side and pin or use a cute little clip...

I know the feeling. I'm always cutting bangs and then growing them out.:rolleyes:

Miss Brill

One Too Many
~*Red*~ said:
aww, that's so sad!:( but a little bit funny because you said Ramona Quimby ;)

Maybe you could try to round up the sides? "U" it so to speak.

And if it is really bad and you can't stand it, take those little scissors and cut vertically into the bottom edge... just a little and that should soften the line some.

And if you still can't stand it, curl it with a fat iron and sweep to the side and pin or use a cute little clip...

I know the feeling. I'm always cutting bangs and then growing them out.:rolleyes:

How do I make them like Bettie's? Is that the U-cut? I've cut them before after seeing her too much & I don't know what she has done to hers to make them look that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe