Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

PS

A-List Customer
I used my camera phone today as the favorite is dead.
80v0kfq.jpg
[/IMG]
8fv3w9c.jpg
[/IMG]

Does anyone know of any popular styles for curly hair? It doesn't get that smooth look unless I blow dry and set but I really don't want to risk the damage.

sweetfrancaise

Practically Family
PS said:
Does anyone know of any popular styles for curly hair? It doesn't get that smooth look unless I blow dry and set but I really don't want to risk the damage.

I'm still battling with my curly hair--the best results come from when I put it in those clunky plastic rollers overnight. Beautiful, shiny curls! But I havent mastered any styles, yet. Your hair looks adorable, though!

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
sweetfrancaise, don't give up on your curly hair. Mine is super tight curl which if I leave to dry naturally I look like a stuck my finger in a power point!!!! I don't know if this will help you or not but I blow bry the front and sides then put them on rollers, the magnetic ones, the back I partially dry then roll it on magnetic rollers, larger ones will give straighter hair. When it's dry I use a large round brush to smooth it out. The if I'm curling I start over with what ever roller's or pin culrs I need for the syle I want. It's a lengthly process I know.
This is with pin curls around the bottom left in overnight.

000_2076.jpg

sweetfrancaise

Practically Family
goldwyn girl said:
sweetfrancaise, don't give up on your curly hair. Mine is super tight curl which if I leave to dry naturally I look like a stuck my finger in a power point!!!! I don't know if this will help you or not but I blow bry the front and sides then put them on rollers, the magnetic ones, the back I partially dry then roll it on magnetic rollers, larger ones will give straighter hair. When it's dry I use a large round brush to smooth it out. The if I'm curling I start over with what ever roller's or pin culrs I need for the syle I want. It's a lengthly process I know.

Your hair looks great in the photo! Interesting tip--I may have to adapt it a little. I don't blow dry my hair any more, since I finally have it trained to the point that I can let it air dry and the curls don't frizz at all--I'll reverse the trend if I apply too much heat! ;)

Plastic rollers do the trick somewhat, although I have yet to get a hairstyle from them that I really like. And victory rolls are proving a pain, but I'll try again tomorrow while the turkey's roasting. :p

SerenityAshes

Familiar Face
Peek-A-Boo Style

Hey ladies!! Havent written a comment in ages.. though I always manage to peep into the lounge everyday.. Been really busy lately!

Anyways.. I finally had my long awaited photosession and while I was preparing, thought I'd take some pics of the roller setting in order to give you a hint on how I did my "Veronica Lake" hair (finally!!)

Please note that I blowdried my hair (rounding it up with the brush) and then once released I took the roller in (to make sure that my hair cools down with the roller in it).. You can do a wet set but since I wanted to make sure that I dont have any frizz for the session, I blowdried it to be on the safe side..

Here we go...

2.jpg

Excuse my dumb expression!

1.jpg

Then, once my hair was cooled off (left it for around 30mins) i removed the blue rollers and help myself with the clips to create the wave... hairspray.. and carry on with you makeup in the meantime ;)
3.jpg

hepkitten

One of the Regulars
SerenityAshes said:
If you're wondering how the result would be, here are some pics of the session.. showing off my hair :p

1-1.jpg

SerenityAshes, your hair is GORGEOUS! And so are you -- what a fab look. Thanks for the peek at the process, too. That was illuminating!

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Jitterbug Jenny and SerenityAshes I love both of your hairstyles.
I used the Motions wrap lotion that Retromom147 mentioned and it worked wonders. Even though I didn't do a wet set. I will have to wash my hair before these curls fall out. I am temporarly in love with my hair.

~*Red*~

Practically Family
bwnewdo.jpg

My new do after using these rag roller things called S'poodles. I LOVE THEM. You don't even notice them when you sleep, and they fold and stick.. like that gauze stuff they put on casts.. or when they wrap you... I don't know how to explain it. But I highly recommend then. They are made by Goody. And they are not the kind you stick a pin in.

pennycarrol

A-List Customer
Red, you're absolutely gorgeous with this hairdo!! I really love it!! I tried to sleep with rollers but it's always end bad lol!! My hair is so dry the next day!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe