Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

pretty faythe

One Too Many
I don't know if this is where I should post this or not. But oh well. I saw this dress, so pretty but way to small for me, and was wondering if any one knows where a pattern simialar to this might be found? I may have to recruit my mom into sewing some of the stuff for me. She's had the same machine since as long as I can remember and I'm 32. Maybe bribe her with a new machine, or at least with the use of the macine I buy for myself. lol
Heres the dress
9952_12.jpg

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
pretty faythe said:
I don't know if this is where I should post this or not. But oh well. I saw this dress, so pretty but way to small for me, and was wondering if any one knows where a pattern simialar to this might be found? I may have to recruit my mom into sewing some of the stuff for me. She's had the same machine since as long as I can remember and I'm 32. Maybe bribe her with a new machine, or at least with the use of the macine I buy for myself. lol
Heres the dress
9952_12.jpg

faythe, i know i've seen similar patterns, either in my copy of Blueprints of fashion: home sewing patterns of the 1940's or on ebay. if you got the pattern, maybe your mom could help you adjust it to a different size (most vintage patterns are TINY!), or you could use it in conjunction with a modern pattern to get the same styling...

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
:eusa_clap

First project awesomess!

Keep a look out for your seam allowances, that might be a real reason you had problems with the unevenness.

Lauren, PRECIOUS! Yay spring dresses!

Pretty Faythe, that dress is fairly simple, almost just 4 rectangles (two for the dress, and two draped over for the sleeves). You may not need a pattern if you can visualize where it bunches, and where the seams are.

I made some more 50s dresses like the red and white one I posted earlier. I LOVE the skirt, and i finshed this one that is so precious, Ill have to post pictures soon.

Ima start on some 40/50s inspired aprons soon. Hopefully sell some :rolleyes:

LD

hotrod_elf

A-List Customer
Finally something I'm proud of!!!!

I just got done with this Vogue dress. I'm really really happy with it. I plan on making a different dress for the whole Easter thing that my family does.
GreenDress.jpg

And now for the Cyclops armpit shot
greendress2.jpg

Heres a detail of the bottom of the dress
Shoes.jpg

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
My mom tried to teach me to sew when I was younger (around 12ish). It never stuck and I never learned. What a shame I can say now that I'm mature and have an appreciation for handmade items. All those clothes are just spectacular, ladies!

Mojito

One Too Many
How gorgeous and how summery, Hotrod Elf - green is my favourite colour, and the wide bands of white trim are just so smart! Looks like it's perfectly fitted, too.

Tough Cookie

One of the Regulars
hotrod_elf said:
I just got done with this Vogue dress. I'm really really happy with it. I plan on making a different dress for the whole Easter thing that my family does.
GreenDress.jpg

And now for the Cyclops armpit shot
greendress2.jpg

Heres a detail of the bottom of the dress
Shoes.jpg
OMG This is fantastic, and you look wonderful in it!
So smart and adorable.

I know this is part of your evil scheme to get me to attempt to sew again, but I shall resist, no matter what!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe