Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Lady Day said:
This one is a black eyelet cotton with calico cotton insets. All it needs is a zipper and its good to go :D

DSC00345.jpg

DSC00347.jpg

DSC00348.jpg

Thanks,
LD

This is adorable Lady Day--I'm a sucker for for prints inside pleats. I'd love to see it on you or on a dummy if you get a chance!

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
So, here is a sweater I knit that I thought had something of a vintage feel.

2005361105824898376_rs.jpg

But there's a secret:

rhtight2.gif

It's WAY too big!
rhtight3.gif

That's sometimes the problem when you knit. Sigh! Well, it looks OK bigger on me, just not as vavvoomy, if you know what I mean.

melankomas

One of the Regulars
GOK... you're wonderfully talented! i think i like the windows in the classrooms best, but it's hard to say. you must have a lovely home, if your attention to detail on the doors in your daughter's room is any indication. out of curiosity, just what can you not do?

Miss Dottie... i like the upper part (is this called the "yoke"?) and cuffs of your sweater. the variations make a very pretty result! perhaps you could add a back tie with a ribbon or some such. i have no creative sense, so perhaps that's a terrible idea...

~landgirl~

A-List Customer
Miss Dottie said:
So, here is a sweater I knit that I thought had something of a vintage feel.

2005361105824898376_rs.jpg

But there's a secret:

rhtight2.gif

It's WAY too big!
rhtight3.gif

That's sometimes the problem when you knit. Sigh! Well, it looks OK bigger on me, just not as vavvoomy, if you know what I mean.

Ha ha MissDottie - I love the comic strip - type post!

GOK

One Too Many
Oohh lovely sweater, Dottie...possibly an excuse to eat more chocolate? Heheh! And Folly - love that frock.

melankomas said:
GOK... you're wonderfully talented! i think i like the windows in the classrooms best, but it's hard to say. you must have a lovely home, if your attention to detail on the doors in your daughter's room is any indication.

Thank you - that's very kind of you to say so. When it was just myself and the children, our house was quite 'arty' I suppose, plus I did a lot of renovation and DIY. (I wainscotted the kitchen, put up beams in the front room and bonded it all so it looked like an old cottage.) I ripped out and rebuilt most of my next place too. However, now I am living with my partner, I cannot do any of this anymore...which may or may not be a good thing. Time will tell! lol

out of curiosity, just what can you not do?

Music! I am a complete musical numpty and it is utterly beyond me how anyone can get a tune out of something or write new music. Yet I have a son at uni studying music engineering, another at college studying music and my daughter is pretty musical too. They most certainly do not get it from me, I assure you.

I also cannot crochet or cross stitch. OK, I haven't tried but I'm sure I'd be rubbish at it! lol

Folly

One of the Regulars
GOK - thank you!

Sunny - Firstly, thank you! The pattern is a Simplicity pattern ... or is it Butterick, goodness, I can't recall. Yes, Butterick I think ... it's a modern reproduction of a 1942 dress and the fabric was something I picked up in Fabric land a few years back, it has tiny red poppies all over it. I realy can't recall what fabric type it was, but it does have a bit of stretch, good job too as I'm almost sewn into it!

Elaina - Thank you! It was so very hard to make them, I can't even begin to tell you the troubles I had! I did have a pair of Dents gloves which got worn out so I scoured the shops for replacements to no avail. So, I decided to make them. My first pair went hideously wrong. The second pair I accidently cut the fabric in the wrong place and ended up having to botch a repair job :( By this time I was thoroughly fed up. The day that picture was taken, we were given a lift to our car as we had missed our train, I then left the gloves in the person's car! Luckily I had just got their email address so contacted them and they posted them bac to me!

Amelie

A-List Customer
Folly said:
Sunny - Firstly, thank you! The pattern is a Simplicity pattern ... or is it Butterick, goodness, I can't recall. Yes, Butterick I think ... it's a modern reproduction of a 1942 dress and the fabric was something I picked up in Fabric land a few years back, it has tiny red poppies all over it. I realy can't recall what fabric type it was, but it does have a bit of stretch, good job too as I'm almost sewn into it!

Oh! can't you recall what was the number of that pattern? this dress looks amazingly good on you! I'm simply starving to see the details of the model!:eusa_clap

Folly

One of the Regulars
Amelie said:
Oh! can't you recall what was the number of that pattern? this dress looks amazingly good on you! I'm simply starving to see the details of the model!:eusa_clap

Thank you Amelie!
I shall look it out for you - I got it way back in 1999 and squirreled it away! I have a huge pile of patterns that I purchased from back then, they're mostly from the fifties though. Most I haven't even attempted!

Folly

One of the Regulars
Daisy Buchanan said:
Wow, that is a great dress! Well done, you are very talented:)

Thank you Daisy! I can make things well enough for me, but I wouldn't want to attempt to do something for anyone else, they might see all my little errors :eek:

I just made another from the pattern, a few months back, my new one is navy with daisies on.

Amelie

A-List Customer
Folly said:
Thank you Amelie!
I shall look it out for you - I got it way back in 1999 and squirreled it away! I have a huge pile of patterns that I purchased from back then, they're mostly from the fifties though. Most I haven't even attempted!

Thats very kind! I can't wait:)

Sunny

One Too Many
Folly said:

I think I remember that! It was one of the first retro patterns that the Big Four came out with, wasn't it? That probably makes it Butterick. And one of the dresses in the illustration was orange, I think. I thought that was so pretty! How amazing to see it made up, after all this time. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe