Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Aurora

One of the Regulars
Cherry_Bombb! Love both outfits, but please don't sell any skirts yet - I'm determined to make my own jumper/suspender skirt before the Summer and I know I'll get lazy and end up buying one! lol
I've got to get the fabric today, otherwise it'll never get made... I'll post some pics :)

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
fluffy-tiger said:
It is my version of this:-
patt.jpg

patt1.jpg
Absolutely gorgeous!! I am so incredibly jealous :)

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
Lady Day said:
front-15.jpg
frontdetail-1.jpg

Got this 40s fabric (I think) from eBay a long long time ago. The flowers are painted (printed) on to a near photo neutral grey. Man do they pop!

Sadly I didnt have enough for a dress, but I do have enough left over to make cuffs and a collar for a blouse for it. I think Ill make the blouse in white :)

LD

Lady Day, I've said it before and I'll say it again--your sewing sassiness is wonderful! And I love this print in particular. Did you use the same pattern for this as you did the pretty poppy skirt? If so, what is it? Because I love the front pleat. But I have a sneaking suspicion you just whipped it up.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Miss Dottie said:
Lady Day, I've said it before and I'll say it again--your sewing sassiness is wonderful! And I love this print in particular. Did you use the same pattern for this as you did the pretty poppy skirt? If so, what is it? Because I love the front pleat. But I have a sneaking suspicion you just whipped it up.

This is the skirt bottom from the pattern I used on the blue seersucker dress. Alas, the skirt is too large (a few inches) so Ill have to take it in, and that is a larger pain than making it from the start because of all the adjusting needed. I dont want to add more darts, that will effect the drape, sigh. So right now, its hanging in m closet.

People keep telling me that they want me to make dresses for them, but when I tell them how much a hand made dress by me will cost (not including the fabric they have to pay for) most cant comprehend that I may want to make more than min. wadge on something lol. Nothing outragous, but if Im spending 10-12 hours on something....

So no dresses being made by me. For now...:)

LD

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Pink, I'd like to order this dress! The facric and colors are perfect. I'm in love!
Pink Dahlia said:
Faryl Robin Dress #2. I had to make all these dresses to go with the Faryl Robin shoes (since I didn't have much). :D

l_ed82bea49b3cea8da8fea1d0b704fcde.jpg

Close up of the fabric:
l_22dd5b41255cb8d80f540fed66427b5d.jpg

The pattern:
l_29c06794be86036267aa6b082030d60b.jpg

There's one more dress in the works. I'm having trouble with the pockets. Maybe I'll post in the FAQs.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Here is my attempt to find a cute modern pattern that doesn't take 4-5yrds of fabric and doesn't need a girdle and petticoat when it's nearly 100F. It's very similar to a vintage pattern I have, but you can tell it's not quite right. I think I'll have to just get used to wearing my girdle in the heat.
2570028021_707c2c473e.jpg

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
goldwyn girl said:
GG you look stunning! I love how your hair matches the dress and the shadow of the palm leaves against your legs. Soon I'll be nick-named The Pallor Pervert of FL I'm afraid lol

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
goldwyn girl said:
Oh girls, you are making me blush, thank you all for the lovely compliments. It means a lot to get such positive feedback. The fabric's I've used for all these dresses I bought on my trips back home to Australia. And to keep on the Hawaiian theme this is a two piece set I made a while back and just dug it out today after the move.
100_0251.jpg
I love this color. You look fab.

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Would you believe I started this in December? I got into a HUGE fight with the pockets so it just sat there. Anyway, finally done:

l_094e569ae7ec752f72bcac44a2a2e6d5.jpg

Pattern:
l_687c636567e8959527215586c512037a.jpg

Please pay no attention to my head in this pic. I like it even though the bust is too big. The pattern is on size too big for me and I don't know how to alter so I just made the seams 5/8 instead of 1/2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe